Is there really any difference between the Garrett and ATS ball bearing turbos?

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by PSDs_and_5Liters
A little over 40psi if I leave the chip on the medium setting. A lot over 40 if I switch it to high.......:D

Around 35-36 is all I put out ..this is a stock Turbo ans K & N drop -in:D

Ggg

Reaction score
PSD_and_5liters what are runnig in your truck for mods?
Wideopen whay else are you runnin besides the TS chip?
I can hit 32-33# with my stock old style turbo, looking for a IDM next so maybe a little more boost yet.

Dockboy

Reaction score
Ggg,

You are already way out of the compressor map of a stock turbo at 32 lbs.:rolleyes: Making more boost with that setup is not going to gain you more performance!!!:sorry:

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ggg
I can hit 32-33# with my stock old style turbo, looking for a IDM next so maybe a little more boost yet.

Stock Turbo, IDM mod. , K & N drop in, 4" Turbo out exaust.. My truck is a 2000 and for some reason others who have driven it seem to think it has more power than others???:D I also have my Wastegate unhooked

PSDs_and_5Liters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ggg

Just the usual stuff everyone has ........ATS BB turbo, DI Mini Me's, DI 4 position chip w/generic tunes, AFE stage II, 4"turbo back muffless exhaust, non EBV pedestal and exhaust housing, DI regulated return system, sump'd fuel tank, SX pump/filter combo, blah..blah..blah, mostly stock otherwise. :D Thos damned stock head gaskets and bolts keepin the numbers low. For now. Oh, and the stock T/C and trans too......J-U-N-K......

Last edited:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brian, have you dynoed your truck with the MM's. I have saved up, just need to pull the trigger and make a desicion. I know that I would also need the fuel system and a modded idm to get her in the 5-525 range. :love:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online