Is the F-350 radiator compatible with my E-350?

mexicanfooddude

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. I've got a 1994 E-350 box truck, 7.3 IDI. Radiator failed. Calling around, the only radiators I can find for the E-350 are $900+ new.

However, I have been able to find plenty of new radiators that are compatible with the 1994 F-350 7.3 IDI for much cheaper, ~$500 new.

I just can't figure out if the F-350 radiator is compatible with the E-350 econoline. The F-350 radiator I was looking at on dieselpowerproducts.com, linked here, has the same outside dimensions as the $900 Napa radiator specific for the E-350, linked here.

The radiator shapes look slightly different, but as I mentioned, outside dimensions are the same, and the inlet and outlet header sizes are the same. The engineer at dieselpowerproducts couldn't help me with much more than that.

I'd love to save myself $400, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to stick my neck way out there and say for sure a tough fit due to mounting brackets being different.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent him a message on FTE. they do fit , ive done a couple, dont remember any troubles.

mexicanfooddude

Reaction score
Thanks idiabuse and ty4 for your responses. Fairly new to the diesel game so I didn't know if these forums were cross-populated!

Typ4, good to hear, I'm hoping that my van isn't an anomaly for some reason! That would definitely be a bummer to pick it up on ebay and it not fit, which is why I thought I'd consult these forums before purchasing :) Anyone else have any experience trying this? I'm amazed I had such a hard time finding more info about it... I'd think at least a few people would have asked this before me!

I'm converting the box truck into an RV with plans to travel in it for a while, so the truck's going to be seeing quite a bit of use. It's not a turbo. I was looking at those ones on ebay- I'm just worried about buying some crap made overseas, but they apparently the same as the ones on the dieselpowerproducts site. Anyone have any good things to say about their radiators? I also saw they had a copper/brass one... if you think the performance radiators are a good option, you'd recommend their aluminum one over the copper/brass?

Thanks again.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Yeh, a few of us van-crazies are on this board.

The radiator was one of the first things to be changed out after I got the van. My former mechanic got me a new all-aluminum radiator for like $400. Over four years later, it is still doing fine.

Ask away on van questions, mexicanfooddude! Meanwhile, will be watching and learning on this thread. :popcorn ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online