International Cxt

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
I don't think those are all that nice, would rather have one of them tricked out F650, now that would make me drool!

At $101k, I could think of a sports car that would tickle my fancy:D

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the IH. The powerplant is definately the difference maker for me. IH makes the F-650/750 chassis now, so there's a lot of IH "DNA" in today's F650/750.

Don't get me wrong, the F650/750 4x4 rocks, too. Wouldn't turn my nose up at one!!!

Sbrem

Reaction score
I think the CXT is a great truck, but it sure does seem overpriced for what it is.

Stephen

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree.
Just for the heck of it, I priced out my truck, new, as a cab & chassis. It was ~$71,000

Can't believe the interior goodies, allison, pick-up bed & chrome add another $30,000

Sounds like it's got a "rich-man's tax" added to it.

Sbrem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Yes, I agree.
Just for the heck of it, I priced out my truck, new, as a cab & chassis. It was ~$71,000

Can't believe the interior goodies, allison, pick-up bed & chrome add another $30,000

Sounds like it's got a "rich-man's tax" added to it.

I wouldn't want all the fancy interior stuff, don't care about the chrome and would talke an 8LL over an Allison any day.

Stephen

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would rather have the "work" version with a manual trans, DT466HT, and some kind of money-making body on the back. The only things I'd "waste" money on were air seats, PW/PDL/htd mirrors, fogs.

Maybe some Alcoas and tunes.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BROKER

I was surprised with the fact that they had one to run.I cought it on ticker and missed it on the Speed Channel.

Here is a link

http://www.navistar.com/site_layout/severe/cxt.asp

I did happen to catch it . It was pretty funny cuz it wouldn't fit in the tent - they pulled the nose in as far as they could and started the bidding!LOL

Sbrem

Reaction score
Yes, I would rather have the "work" version with a manual trans, DT466HT, and some kind of money-making body on the back. The only things I'd "waste" money on were air seats, PW/PDL/htd mirrors, fogs.

Maybe some Alcoas and tunes.

I don't care about power windows or locks, but definently heated power mirrors, air seats and a good sterio with CD and XM. Alcoas would be nice too.

Stephen

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The power windows & door locks is just your way of knowing you're talking to a 40+ guy.;)

Sbrem

Reaction score
Actually I have driven a truck or 2 that had just the passenger side window power or air opperated with a switch that the driver could reach easily. That would be kind of nice. It's a long reach over to the other side.

Stephen

Last edited:

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
The power windows & door locks is just your way of knowing you're talking to a 40+ guy.;)

Isn't that the truth!! Was in a vehicle the other day without 'em and had flashbacks....where the hell is the button?:D

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like them because my 4800 has no A/C. It'd be nice to dump the windows once it gets hot. PDL's would be great for getting in and out.

Sbrem

Reaction score
Most of our trucks at work had AC when they were new but it is broken on almost all of them:(

Stephen

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
I hate seeing these new trucks cuz now I want to put a pickup bed on my crewcab and trickout the interior. I do have a/c and airseats ,12 disk cd am fm cassette which I can't hear unless I'm cranking it up! International want $375 each for the highend trim door treatments and $230 for the overhead console.

The interior shown below if from a IH 4700 from TowMaster

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online