Intermittent Lumbar Pump

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another silly question/problem: my driver's side lumbar works sometimes, always lets air out, but the pump doesn't always work. If I leave it alone for a day or two, it seems to come back to life unless I use it too much, then it dies again. Is this a common issue? Any thoughts :dunno .

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

R. J.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I test drove a 96' Bronco the other day and noticed it had one of these. I didn't realize they were offered back in the IDI days. :thumbsup: sorry it ain't workin' though. :D

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mel. By the way, I'm sure you get this all the time: your Moose Truck kicks but.

R. J.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
The one in my IDI would blead air off. The line had a split in it. I used a windshield washer repair kit to fit it.(small plastic connector). The lumbar in my PSD didn't work right, turned out the seat frame was busted where the air sack attached. Few tacks with the welder and better than new.(Ford only tack welds them in four locations and the steel is very poor quality). I'll try to dig up a few pictures of the air lumbar assembly, that I took when I did the repair.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It holds air ok, it just seems like the pump just quits if I use it too much. May just be a bad switch, was just looking for some input. I have seen the pictures of the poor welds/cheap metal that results in the lumbar separating the seat.

Thanks for the input

R. J.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sorry I misuderstood. If your passenger doesn't spend a lot of time inth eright seat you could swap motors around until you find a replacemnet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle