Interior cab light and cab back up light wont go off.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the interior cab light and the back up light on the top of the cab dont turn off ??
Any suggestions ? Is there a swith some where that would cause that to happen ?

Reddually93

Reaction score
Yeah you probably have your headlight switch/ dimmer switch turned too far to the left just click it over to the right.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks that fixed it, can tbelive I didnt think of that ...... been a long day lol

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the subject's been brought up, what would keep the dome light on even with the switch turned off and all doors closed? Could a bad headlight switch do that, or a bad door switch, or do I get to look for a short in the system? I just pulled the bulb out for now, but it'd be nice to fix it once and for all...thanks :angel:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the subject's been brought up, what would keep the dome light on even with the switch turned off and all doors closed? Could a bad headlight switch do that, or a bad door switch, or do I get to look for a short in the system? I just pulled the bulb out for now, but it'd be nice to fix it once and for all...thanks :angel:

Check your door switches. If one of them popped out, then it would relax when the door was shut and would keep the light on.

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
I had a the same issue, after chasing electrical gremlins for a few days (thanks the the A-hole PO). It turned out to be a chaffed wire behind the drivers side kick panel. Electrical gremlins are a PITA to find sometimes (Murphy's law says it will be in the last place you look).

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna jump in here while were on the topic. My dash wont light up when i turn the head lights on. also i have no running lights but the signals work. Is there a fuse blown? Bad switch? Im stumped.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Gonna jump in here while were on the topic. My dash wont light up when i turn the head lights on. also i have no running lights but the signals work. Is there a fuse blown? Bad switch? Im stumped.
Your harness at the headlight switch is fried....... Literally....

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

Mine will do this sometimes with the dash lights. Wiggling the dimmer back and forth some breaks the corrosion build up off and they work fine again. I should replace the switch someday. The exterior lights sounds like a bad switch or you connection is melted and toast like mentioned.