Interest in gauge pods for bulls and bricks?

Gauge pod options?

• Bullnose

• Bricknose

• Single gauge pod

• Double gauge pod

• Triple gauge pod

• Quad gauge pod

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been talking with a local plastic molding company and wanted to hear some thoughts from y’all.

The a pillar gauge pods are real popular for the obs trucks, but there’s no drop in option for our bullnose and bricknose trucks. Is this something y’all would be interested in if I made it available? It’s a significant financial investment upfront for me so Id like to “gauge” some interest here. There’s a poll on top of this thread where you can vote on which body style a pillar gauge pod you would be interested, and with how many gauges you would want, you can select as many options as you are interested in

Tia.
Wes

Edit-

Obs: 92-97
Bricknose: 87-91
Bullnose: 81-86

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Man, this would be great if you could make it happen. Then we wouldn't have to cut up the pods to use them in our older trucks.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a quad obs pod in my bullnose. There was way more trimming than I’d like. Had to notch the dash to clear the bottom gauge. I’d pay double the obs pod price for an exact fit in my 83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’m glad to see this would help y’all. I’ve got red, tan, and blue interior bricks here but my bullnose parts truck is too faded to use for color matching.

Would y’all prefer a lower overall cost with just a black plastic that you color match with paint, or a higher (probably 30-45%) where the stock interior colors options are all offered?

If it’s the latter I’m gonna need some interior bits donations to fill in what I don’t have as far as years and colors.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont know if its a bull problem alone, but my A pillar pieces on both trucks have warped over time. Id say the best bet is for a full replacement pillar, that way you dont have to deal with the possible warp issue.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I keep having trouble remembering which ones I am....I have a '90, & a '92. & planning on other yrs.
I'm not the smartest kid on the block so I keep this note taped to my puter so I know who I am:

Bullnose:.....'80-'86
Bricknose.....'87-'91
OBS.............'92-'97

And I may be interested in a couple/some & I got paint.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know if its a bull problem alone, but my A pillar pieces on both trucks have warped over time. Id say the best bet is for a full replacement pillar, that way you dont have to deal with the possible warp issue.
I know what you mean, I think a full replacement would definitely be the cleanest looking as well.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a little experience in injection molding (machine shop side), you will go broke trying to offer color matched. The heat process changes the tint from liquid to solid—you might go through 50 prototypes to get a close match to one color. All those runs add up in cost. And then it may not match a 25 year old faded interior.

My opinion, to keep this from turning into a money pit venture, would be a single color and purchasers paint to match.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt, as it is with all things it’s a balance of trying to get the best product out there but still trying to stay within what the community is willing to pay, I hadn’t spoken with the plastic comp about colors so I had assumed it wouldn’t be as much of a difference financially as it now sounds. I’ll probably be doing as you said and offering a plain color option that owners can paint match for their own trucks. It’s amazing how cheap the overseas produced gauge pods are being offered with color matching, it’s impossible to make the same product in the states for near the same price