Aftermarket gauges

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a renewed interest in my truck since after seeing its contemporary at the ford dealer with a $72k price tag, I have decided to keep it forever. I am going to test the compression and if it's good I'm going to upgrade to a moose pump and moose misters, add a Powerstroke intercooler and have Russ re-work my turbo. I would like to upgrade my gauges. Auto meter makes a 3 gauge pod for our trucks. I have an isspro pyro. I was going to add an auto meter boost gauge and oil pressure gauge unless you guys think there is a better option for the third slot. I have used auto meter on all my stuff in the past and I've had great luck with them. Are they a good choice for our trucks? I agree that isspro is better but is the cost difference worth it outside of a pyro? I was going to go mechanical on the oil pressure gauge? Where do you guys hook the boost gauge to? Is there a special fitting or sender I need? A drill and tap situation? I haven't checked yet to see what our oil guage runs on but if it's mechanical I will probably t it to avoid a dead guage on the dash. Thanx to all in advance for your comments.

Reaction score
Coolant temp would be top of my list. I watch it and the Pyro more than anything else. I have oil and boost, but I barely watch those.

Mike

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What truck have you got? Do you tow light or heavy. What tranny? Kinda dictates what gauges to have.

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I think I filled in my sig just now. It's a 92 f350 cc lb ats 088 turbo 5spd 4x4 I tow a 10k trailer once or twice a month which seems pretty heavy for the truck.