Inner hub seal everyone has wrong part

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have a 91 F-350 DRW 2WD and the axle seal that everyone has is the wrong one its a Timken part # 370047A and its too small. The only number I can find on the old seal is FOTW-1177-AA but no one can cross reference it. Help this is my dd and I need it goin yesterday so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only other number I have is 370018A in my inventory. but that's usually the one I use for my Dana 80:dunno

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stole the hub off an 87 3/4 ton and it worked but also had the same seal # so IDK either. The axle code on the 87 is C9 and the axle code on mine is 45 so Im not sure what the difference is except the weight capacity and c9 is LS and mine says REG on the decoder. But thanks for your help its greatly appreciated.

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we figured it out. Fordsandguns came by and looked at the seal too and we both think the box had the wrong seal in it. The only # we found on the seal was not the # on the box so pretty sure thats the deal. Thanks FandG and TC for your help.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Hey 91 I found the seal that I bought a while back that I couldn't seem to find. It's the one you need. You can have it and just get me another one when you take that one you got back.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
probably someone didnt know which one they needed then returned the one they didnt, but returned it in the wrong box.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Ok, the seal that I found fit. It is the correct seal that is supposed to fit these hubs. Part # 370.047A
The one that 91fummins got was for sure in the wrong box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online