injectors

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
looking to get new injectors i think mine are bleeding off and they are the factory ones and my truck has 200,000 so its about time they were replaced what are some good ones to get the truck is n/a thanks in advance

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get new E codes if you can and a return tee and line kit. Ebay has some good deals. Do not use dieselcare.
Call these guys, talk to mark or rod, tell them big Russ said to call. They will ship to you. Fair prices ,not the bottom dollar but they will provide great service.

Diesel Fuel Injection Service
8922 NE Vancouver Way
Portland, OR 97211
503-235-1947

Last edited:

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you're also ready for a rebuilt IP, do yourself a HUGE favor...>Let Mel's guy rebuild it...PERIOD!
Don't get me started about the bs I'm going through with the rebuilt IP I got...from someone else.-cuss

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get new E codes if you can and a return tee and line kit. Ebay has some good deals. Do not use dieselcare.

I hope I am not bringing up a subject that has been beat to death somewhere else, but what are E codes. I know about G codes for factory turbos, and bb's for NAs, but I don't recall seeing anything about E code.
I am also in the market for injectors.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well in reality upon double checking they have gone to 2 numbers, one for turbo and one for na, the only difference is the pop pressure. E codes were used in 93,94 non turbo.
I just checked prices, injectors are 32 each and they pre test and match . There is one part number available that they use and they set the pressure up for turbo PUMP application. He recommends to use na settings for na pump with turbo. Something about different timing curve.
I know there is cheaper out there on ebay but I have dealt with this shop for 20 years,thats all I am saying about that.

Just found a better deal on new injectors, 28.00 each in sets of 8. Not a big savings but some.

Last edited:

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in reality upon double checking they have gone to 2 numbers, one for turbo and one for na, the only difference is the pop pressure. E codes were used in 93,94 non turbo.
I just checked prices, injectors are 32 each and they pre test and match . There is one part number available that they use and they set the pressure up for turbo PUMP application. He recommends to use na settings for na pump with turbo. Something about different timing curve.
I know there is cheaper out there on ebay but I have dealt with this shop for 20 years,thats all I am saying about that.

Still Learning my lesson w/a "cheaper" eBay IP :frustrate

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a better price on injectors from my local guy, 28.00. a little better than 32.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like delphi BB codes for either turbo or N/A. My truck runs and sounds good with them. They seem to leave nothing on the table as compared with G codes. Es are Stanadyne, I had a bad experience with them I would not recommend them, since many of the "new" ones were made at a time when Stanadyne's morale was at an all time low and they were officially claiming that only pop pressure was important for older diesels. BS, it won't destroy them but it has an adverse effect on fuel mileage and emissions.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Big Russ. I'm biting, I called your guys. He was out of injectors today, but expects more in (hopefully tomorrow). As stated, he's gonna tune them for higher pop-off pressure and match them. I've waited long enough with my tired DPS injectors! Thanks for the contact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online