Injectors in my 7.3

swuchase1

Reaction score
I have an 1989 F-250. long ago i put the ATS turbo on it and the gearvendors under/overdrive. i am looking for ez performance was thinking injector might be inline anyone put in powerstroke one? will they work? will it help? i am running electric fuel pump that help some. any help or advice would be welcomed . Thanks in advance SWU Chase 1

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The powerstroke injectors are way different than our idi ones so that wont work. You can do an intercooler and a modified idi pump,ported heads. Stuff like that

swuchase1

Reaction score
will the intercooler do much i thought it was the boost that made up that power and with stock studs i didnt want to go BOOOM

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please tell us how many miles are on the injection pump and injecters in the engine now. Its commonly felt that 125,000 miles is the limit for these parts but some get more and some get less miles before replacement is needed. We recommend installing new BB codes because the work so much better than any other code injecter. Some feel a turbo needs the turbo G code injecters. Thats not so. I ran several new sets of G codes and finally felt I had a power loss. so I installed a new set of BB codes from a member called typ4 aka Russ. It was like adding 2 more cylinders to my engine. The G codes I removed had about 3000 miles on them so they were not worn out. Now for the best injection pump you have to get the Moose Pump. Thats made by a member here named Agnem aka Mel. He owns Conestoga Diesel Injection of Pa. A very knowledgeable guy doing a fine fair business. I'm on my second Moose pump and love it. He makes a mild to wild pump. Talk with him and together you can figure out your needs. Opening up your exhaust from the turbo all the way back helps plenty too. Running a straight thru exhaust without a muffler increases the hp too. I run a straight pipe 4 inch from the end of the turbo down pipe. We don't require a muffler when we run a turbo because the sound made by exhaust is chopped up by the turbo exhaust fan wheel very well. Only when we pull heavy or climbing a grade will the exhaust sound off but then what engine wont tell you your working hard..

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I have an 1989 F-250... i am looking for ez performance was thinking injector might be inline anyone put in powerstroke one? will they work? will it help?...

... Are you serious? This isn't even a question you should be asking if you don't understand the difference between a Powerstroke and an IDI. How would you even plan on doing the fab work if you don't know the differences in how a Powerstroke engine vs an IDI engine works?

swuchase1

Reaction score
@lindstromjd thanks for your help. Your an ASS. I am asking questions because I Don't know , I am sure you were Born Knowing EVERYTHING straight from the womb. If you don't want to be helpful don't reply. chris142 said almost the same thing and was helpful in a more positive way.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only other injector that come close would be ones out a 12v but you need to lower the pop under 3k. gm/mer/vw idi are to far diff an are close to each other. izzue ones i would guess are close to a 12v(not much info found)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for asking this question. I'm sure others have wondered too. Sorry but the powerstroke injecter will not fit nor work in our engines. Our engines are indirect injected fuel where the powerstroke engines are a direct injected fuel. Also the psd engines run a mush higher fuel pressure at the injecter of at least 20,000 lbs at idle. When up in the rpm range they can be as much as 35,000 lbs. They also are an all electronic type injecter known as the common rail type injecter. Our idi engine use a simple mechanical type injecter that has a pressure of usually 1850 lbs to open it. Its a spring type injecter with no electronics at all. I may have told you more than you needed or wanted to know but.. Information is power. The more of it you have the more power you have to make a decision. Did you install the intercooler on your truck or was it already installed when you got it. Those are nice intercoolers for our engines. It just takes some fab work to make them fit nicely. Usually we feel the injecters and injection pump last around 125,000 miles. then they are usually worn out. The best injecter we have found for our engines is the Delphi Bb code injecter. Some feel the G code is better but.. I have used that code and it was no where as good as a new.. Not rebuilt set of Bb code injecters. Plenty of talk about that here too. As for the best injection pump we feel the conestoga diesel Moose pump line is the best. Mel makes them from mild to wild. I'm on my second pump from Mel. He is an honest member here with plenty of respect for what he does. Conestoga is located in Pa and Mel's id here is agnem. Great guy too.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Gary is speaking of newer Powerstrokes (6.4 & 6.7), the 7.3 and 6.0 were heui.
Which take a hpop to drive the injectors.

If you've already added gauges, turned your fuel up, timed your engine: it may be time to look into new injectors and injector pump.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

swuchase1

Reaction score
Thanks icanfixall and 79jasper to start with. the intercooler is in my garage I know they dont work as well there as in the truck,,,lol. Working on some mods to get it behind the grill. my pump has about 10,000 miles on it i have always run transmission fluid in my fuel to help lube it i was told by my turbo guy this was good to do with the new diesel. Fuel injectors are OLD many many miles that's what i was getting to doing wanted to install new ones. wanted to get best for my motor and with the aftermarket turbo on the IDI motor was looking for advice form some people that have experiance with this so i get the most for the money. not looking for a race motor. Just want to pull my race truck that weights 5500 lbs. My truck with tools welder compressor weights 11,000 lbs yes she a FATTY, thank you for the help sounds like the BB code injectors are the right ones to use until i am ready to change pump again then i should call MEL and get the MOOSE pump.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tell us what pump you hve on the engine now. Who did you purchase it from. A 10,000 mile pump should be in great shape if it was truely a quality rebuild by someone that knows what they are doing. Very few rebuilders are doing good jobs these days of the cheap ebay deals offered. Never buy a pump thats been painted. Those rattle can rebuilders are hiding something by painting them. Usually they are not rebuilt but just tested and painted up to look rebuilt. then sold as a rebuilt pump. Read the Hall of Shame for rebuilders to stay away from in Florida and Tenn..

swuchase1

Reaction score
stayadyne Tom grevais aka turbo tom did it here in san deigo Action Turbo is his company he has a good name here in san diego good guy.

swuchase1

Reaction score
Gary is speaking of newer Powerstrokes (6.4 & 6.7), the 7.3 and 6.0 were heui.
Which take a hpop to drive the injectors.

If you've already added gauges, turned your fuel up, timed your engine: it may be time to look into new injectors and injector pump.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

i have added pyro gauge trans gauge and water gauge but not boost gauge. i have noe turned up fuel