Injector Woes

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Well the injector on the drivers side 3rd one from front to back threads are stripped that the hard lines hook up to, could i take one of my spare injectors and use the top of the body to save the injector ?:dunno

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say for 100% certain but it would seem like you could if you were comfortable taking your injectors apart. If it were me I'd probably just swap it for one of your spares but I know that messes things up if it was a matched set. It sucks! I've done it a few times.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's the thing to do then, use the known to be good internals from your current set and the good body from your spares that's what you meant right? Do you have a tester? If so definitely go for it, that way you can be sure of what you have is why I ask about the tester (IE that it works).

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
that's the only thing i don't have but Ive been thinking of sending all 16 injectors i have to typ4 and letting him fix me up a good set

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ebay has a brand new Rotunda pop tester for $175.00 right now. Thats a great price too. If the injectors are the same maker and codes then yes. Remove the internals from the damaged one and install them in the ok injector. Don't let any dirt get inbetween the machined surfaces or it will be a leaker. A bb code can not use a g code body like your trying to do.