Injector thread

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cross threaded the first line and a half of thread. Whats the thread size so i can run a thread die over it too fix it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I can't really say but I have done this too. Remove the injecter and use a knife edge file to clean up the injecter threads. Nice thing about this mistep is the line nuts are much harder than the injecter so you know what thread gets ruined first. If you can when you get ready to install the hard line to that injecter try to loosen it from the injection pump. Don't completely remove it but make it loose so it moves around. I always have to do that with the number one cylinder hard line on my engine. Never seems any differant even after installing differant hard lines too.

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't really say but I have done this too. Remove the injecter and use a knife edge file to clean up the injecter threads. Nice thing about this mistep is the line nuts are much harder than the injecter so you know what thread gets ruined first. If you can when you get ready to install the hard line to that injecter try to loosen it from the injection pump. Don't completely remove it but make it loose so it moves around. I always have to do that with the number one cylinder hard line on my engine. Never seems any differant even after installing differant hard lines too.

Number 2 cylinder. My passenger side all went down by hand the whole entire way. I think it has to do with how the advance is set on the pump. I know it was much easier to advance once i disconnected all the lines when i set the timing.

Thanks for the tip I'll try it out. I was pricing dies and stuff, and I'd be better off buying a new injector at that rate.

Did notice the injector was softer it was the one getting eaten up.

Thanks!

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy some thread files and leave then in your tool box. Best waytonever cross thread anything. If you haven't seen these, they have 8 thread pitches and use any good threads left too clean up the damaged ones. Life saver when you need them