injector return lines

lurker123

Reaction score
Has anyone here had problems with fitment quality of injector return line kits?
:mad:rant ahead:mad:

I bought one from a certain company in Pensacola Florida and i am not a happy camper right now. The fit of the caps onto the injector is loose. On some it is so bad that there is no click when you seat them. They rock on the injector when seated. Beyond that the line itself is just plain garbage. I dont think it is the right diameter. Certainly the OD is wrong and i can pull the hose off the caps with the clamps installed. I put my old lines that are original to my 1992 f350 back on and it is worlds better although the caps dont fit like they are supposed to on the new injectors either. I need to get a quality kit from someone because i have very minor leakage with the old ones. To say something positive about this, the new delphi injectors i bought from them seem a OK.

Who has been here before? What advice do you have?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have good ones, 38 shipped with viton orings.

The ones you have I got a bunch of a while back, they are buying parts and packing their own, 2 different kinds of hose in some kits.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Always ask this forum before you buy from anyone first
We have been there and have the experiance from it to share so others can avoid the common mistakes... Rus is correct. There are people (for lack of a better term) out there that want your money and give you chit in return. Now try to get all your money back without spending more to ship the chit back. I have found that a simple notice to the bad seller that you will be FORCED to leave poor feedback because of the crappy stuff and the way in which you have been treated works better than a gun to the head......

lurker123

Reaction score
Icanfixall
I am not worried about the money they can stuff it. I figure now when someone does a search for injector return lines this thread will come up.;Sweet
Im just mad at myself because i usually buy my stuff from NAPA or another quality place but the injectors were a lot cheaper online. I added the return line kit thinking "what could get screwed up in that"? In all fairness to them they shipped quick and the new injectors popped good. Hopefully the cardone kit im picking up in the morning from the local parts place will have better parts in it. If not, typ4 will be getting a deposit from me in his paypal.
The original stuff had 220k on it and only one injector leaking. The old return lines were perfect. The old hose/clips were in better shape and tolerance than the garbage in the Pensacola kit.
So to recap
-the Pensacola diesel return line kit sucks I mean SUCKS The parts dont even fit together
-Typ4 has good parts
-I will let people know if the cardone kit is quality, and
-hopefully others will share what return line parts didnt leak for them.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52564

don't buy the cardone kit!!!!! I bought the cardone kit, inside was a dipaco kit in a cardone pcm box. I bought the kit for the early returns, so i cannot say how good the quality is of the late style caps. The ones i used however fit very poorly. I ended up using the included o rings and hose with my OLD CAPS and finally stopped all the leaks. One thing i need to mention is that the orings in the kit are not B100 compatible.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have dipaco and havent heard of any trouble, yet, and I include viton orings. and new olives.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I have dipaco and havent heard of any trouble, yet, and I include viton orings. and new olives.

I knew cardone used dipaco parts for their fuel stuff. I had just ordered a injector install kit, i forgot the cardone part number but in the box was a typical orange dipaco bag. The caps were loose, the clamps, copper washers and o rings were packaged in their own little baggies. The o ring bag was stamped INDIA. The caps leaked right out of the bag, none of the straight ones fit tightly. The old caps did. Now that i have replaced all the orings again and still reused my old caps... I shoulda just bought some hose and replaced them and the o rings and saved myself 25 bucks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These come all in one bag, I bet they have more than one plant making them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I had a kit crap on me once so I bought from Russ.. Well I have a dry set now and I will never buy from any other source than Russ. Once burned... Twice learned... I keep two spare kits under my rear seat.. Ya just never know when someone will need something.. Sometimes I feel like a traveling pot seller in the old west.....:rotflmao

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know someone else who bought a set from Pensacola just like that. My experience with them on other parts was not GOOD to say the least. Nough said.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
These come all in one bag, I bet they have more than one plant making them.

more than likely. i have used diapco diesel stuff in the past with no issues. The cardone set however just didn't fit right. Most of the dipaco stuff i used though is for GM diesels. I was just pissed, i did new head gaskets in my truck and figured i'd do new returns too since i had the engine apart and everything else was getting redone and i had to redo my new return lines.

lurker123

Reaction score
I figured i would update my thread. The Cardone kit i received was a reboxed Dipaco kit. It came all in one box and was stamped made in the USA. The quality was much better than the Pensacola kit. However, it is just in my spare parts box for now. I went out and messed with the stock caps that i put back on and made the one that was leaking fit on. The leak was real minor before, a tiny air bubble that i could see after the truck was shut down. I dont see the leak anymore so i left everything on the truck and didnt use the kit. I let the truck sit for 5 days and it started up as good as new. Im gonna call it done and leave myself open to Murphy kicking me in the ass in January.

Some things i noticed in the dipaco kit over the generics are
-that the copper washers are slightly different color (same size)
-the orings are a grayer black color (different material?)
-the spring clamps have better "spring" to them
-and most importantly the caps fit great over the old injectors.

Another thing to note is that the caps had part numbers printed on them. Also, the fuel line that comes with both of these kits is, imo, junk. The Dipaco kit was better put even though they are low pressure i would by USA made, rubber, multi fuel line from the parts store to avoid any headaches that could arise from the cloth coated line.

Question to the people on this board that sell the kits. Do you sell kits you make yourself or prepackaged? Any chance you have pictures of the kits?

Thanks