Injection pump replacement

prerunnin

Reaction score
Well, I kinda screwed myself took the injection pump off to replace a leaking gasket and I "thought" I could get it on/off without moving the gear. nope. I moved the pump gear throwing all the timing off.

Now, I ask are there any GOOD articles with pictures on how to get it aligned and how to time it?
my haynes sucks and i cant find much for the IDI online.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Do a search. It's been reiterated many times over.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well.... Geesss... Now there be many deaths.... You make big --ckup.....:eek::angel: Yes is the easy answer to getting the gear timing correct now that you removed the gear and cover.. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way. Had you asked here first many could have helped you make the right choice... And this was not a dumb mistake nor a dumb question you didn't ask... Follow the search and you will find the easy way of getting things back together correctly. About the easiest way of doing this is to find top dead center of number one cylinder. Then make a mark across the injection pump gear that lines up with the sides of the gear cover. then just drop it in... Make sure you use plenty of rtv on the cover joint or you will have a terrible oil leak....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online