Info on 93 f250n/a front end repair

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nearest HF store is 42 miles away, and that just opened recently. Used to be 110 miles!

Did you have to buy the master sleeve kit too, or does the basic kit have enough pieces to work on our trucks?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and if it gets a lot of pressure on it, I use a hammer to help persuade it rather than bearing down too much on the clamp.

I usually do this too. Especially with stuff like u-joints. If it starts requiring excessive force, some hammering around the yoke usually pops it loose again. I don't actually hit the tool if I can help it but whack the part that's sticking and it'll usually move again.

I bought the "Perfomance Tool" kit from Advance Auto a few years ago. I've used it so much it's a wonder I ever got along without it! I even used the C clamp to pinch the power steering pump together to release the lock ring while re sealing it. Worth every penny!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nearest HF store is 42 miles away, and that just opened recently. Used to be 110 miles!

Did you have to buy the master sleeve kit too, or does the basic kit have enough pieces to work on our trucks?

The simple cheaper kit has always worked for me on these trucks. You can make your own pieces also if you have access to a bunch of junk pipe laying around and a metal saw.

P.S. This is not a easy job even with the tool. You first have to tackle the hub parts with all the little clips and stuff. Then you need the special socket tool for the front bearing retainer. Pull the caliper off and tie it out of the way, pull the rotor off, then the fun part of breaking the ball joints loose from the axle to get the spindle off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Members online