in search of a diesel for the wife

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Right now we have 2 tdi's, and yes a decent one under $5,000 is hard to find. We have about $4500 (paid $2500 with a bad trans, $2K for the trans) into Loris 02 Jetta and it has about 235K miles on it now. She just drove it to Indy and back this week and got 45 on the highway.

I just picked up my new winter beater,..1996 VW Passatt TDI with 297K on it. Runs like a top! I have a set of Blizzaks Snow Tires on Steel wheels from my 82 Caddy that I bolted on. Installed new brakes, and a tie rod. Did the normal maintenance and will probably do a timing belt on it soon. I have $1,600 into it and will be driving the wheels off of it. So far I put on 450 miles and have only used 1/2 of a tank of fuel,..5 gal of witch is WMO.

If I run across something for ya Ill let you know!

I think those passats have bigger tanks?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Ya I realllly like vws hopefully I can find something that works out the wife wants an auto I don't care also been looking at come powerstrokes and cummins trucks here localy the biggest setback is that my wife dosents want something older than the jimmy so it has to be 2000 or newer which really makes the 5k hard im talking to my friend that owns a local lot to see how much the jimmy could fetch at auction that might be able to raise our budget a bit just hard cause I don't really want to finance but we will see

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Good luck seth.... :D

She won't go for a mid 90s VW? I've found some in the past that looked real nice and were around $5-6k.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online