IDITD pump tuning

d_devil323

Reaction score
I heard that you can tune the up the fuel pump and gain more hp out of it, does anyone know how to do this and does it affect gas mileage or is there any other information i need to know?

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that you can tune the up the fuel pump and gain more hp out of it, does anyone know how to do this and does it affect gas mileage or is there any other information i need to know?

Yes it can be done but if you don't have a pryo you run the risk of melting the pistons. If you do any kind of pulling or hauling you will easily see exhaust temps in the excess of 1250* and that will melt you pistons.

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

tune the up the fuel pump

That almost qualifies as Pennsylvania Dutch, as in "Throw down the stairs dad his hat."

LOL

Sorry just ribbin you a little. We know not everybody is a master of the keyboard. Anyway, I think what your asking about is what we refer to as "turning up the pump" which in technical terms is increasing the maximium fuel delivery the pump can supply. No, it doesn't affect fuel mileage. Your foot does that. Zigg has a good article on how to do that here.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, where abouts are in alaska are you at? I have a couple buddies that live in sterling that are pretty handy with diesels.

d_devil323

Reaction score

i live in fairbanks usually, but im in anchorage right now. I'm here to become a technician and know a decent amount of diesel, especially the 6.0, but im just getting into the 7.3
thank you everyone

d_devil323

Reaction score
o cute lol, nice comment i just joined and get ragged on o boy lol nah its ok. and possibly yes it could be like taking a beating but i know it o well lol