IDI rescues a Pete 379

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
[Funny that the guy on the right in the pic is the same one that busted my chops for taking a pic. They have secret shoppers just waiting to steal their technology...according to him at least.cookoo :rotflmao/QUOTE]

Technology.....at a truck wash:rotflmao :rotflmao

• A big pressure washer
  • 2 teenagers to spray the acid and wet it down
  • 2 to brush it
  • 2 to rinse it
Oh I know it's the barrel of their secret sauce truck wash acid recipe

If I had a big RV that's what I would do....Beacon does alot of RVs as well as prolly most of the NASCAR haulers.

No they still can't wash a truck worth a chit. They burned the snot out of the trailer wheels shortly after that picture was taken. Tanks are streaked & they missed half the front fender, about the norm there in Fredericksburg. Ft. Pierce Fla. is the best one I've ever been to but I heard their hand wash division is top notch. Called Charlie's Old Fashion Truck Wash. Mostly on the west coast.

I've NEVER seen a NASCAR Trailer at a Beacon. They'd look worse when they came out then when they went in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao

I think the no picture thing is so they don't get caught doing something they aren't supposed to be doing. Next time turn the flash off Joe:D

pafixitman

Reaction score
So Joe, does this mean your going to go get your CDL instead of the Contractors license?

Nope. Can't eat a Big Mac in 3 bites and don't have a bladder the size of Texas. Although, having a CDL would be cool. Out of all the careers Sally Struthers told me I can have, I don't think it will be "driving the big rigs."

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Nope. Can't eat a Big Mac in 3 bites and don't have a bladder the size of Texas. Although, having a CDL would be cool. Out of all the careers Sally Struthers told me I can have, I don't think it will be "driving the big rigs."

Hey, I never ate a Big Mac & I took a leak once while we were out. I'm rather proud of the size of my bladder. Hell, I got nothin' else in that region to be proud of!!LOL

Freight, some shmuck did that load of next to nothing & they continue to abuse him I guess. I've never heard from them again. Joe said he would run a day cab & wedge trailer for me so maybe I can do it on the cheap for them if he'll come on board:eek: ;p

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool. Must be a right of passage Joe. I did the same thing when I lost my job. I went with my buddy Rick, who is what they call a "bed bug" in the truck trade, and we hauled a load of Hospital beds to Horsham. More recently, I helped him load up some old folks moving to Ocala in Coatsville. Fun riding around in big rigs, but the problems these guys put up with is unreal. I told Rick he works way too hard for his money, and he'd probably cry if he saw how easy I make mine.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'm sure there's an easier way to put food on the table, but the stories I could tell of some of the things I've seen is pricless. Even still, it's not worth being away from the kiddies as much as I am. But, I'm working on that.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
hey scott, from one car hauler to another, them dead gum hydraulic lines can ruin your day sure nuff.

do you keep any of the hydraulic repair fittings with ya? you know the kind that screw in lefty into the hose, and the then the outside fitting tightens down on it?

i know my description isnt very good, but they do come in handy when a line blows.

if you get down around the gadsden area, i am only 25 mins. from there, would be great to meet cha. ;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you keep any of the hydraulic repair fittings with ya? you know the kind that screw in lefty into the hose, and the then the outside fitting tightens down on it?

i know my description isnt very good, but they do come in handy when a line blows.

They're called reusable hose ends http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/category_s/75.htm

Need to use the correct fittings per hose type like R1, R2, R5 etc. If your hydraulic hoses on the wagon ar the same size and type hose you could make an emergency repair kit for about $100 of
  • hose
  • fittings....couple unions, 90 degree ends, 45 degree ends and straight fittings
  • wrenches
  • diegrinder with cutoff wheel to plug in your air lines or a hacksaw
  • duct tape to wrap the hoses where you cut them to keep it from fraying

pafixitman

Reaction score
I was just there giving dumb looks but from what I gathered he has used them. He said what sucks about em is you end up getting the permanent fix anyway. I can't believe those lines have no protection from the road.

Considering the fact that I have cleaned public restrooms before, hauling cars ain't too bad. More to it than regular freight though.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
hey scott, from one car hauler to another, them dead gum hydraulic lines can ruin your day sure nuff.

if you get down around the gadsden area, i am only 25 mins. from there, would be great to meet cha. ;Sweet
Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I usually have 2 or 3 complete sets in the truck but I've been thru a rash of this lately. 3rd line in 2 weeks. I have a couple in the garage which are going up to the truck tonite . They say you're supposed to change them out ASAP but I never have & they're still holding tight. Try getting a smooth end with a hacksaw when you only have 8-9 inch of hose to hold onto!!:puke: -cuss At about the middle of my trailer, there are now 7 unions inline. If this keeps up, I'll be able to replumb the trailer in halves!!LOL Front half one week, back half the next!!

I'm usually pretty good about keeping up with the sagging zip ties on a Cottrell, but damn it, they could have thought that out a little better. My 7510 has the plate on the bottom to protect the lines.

I've never been to Bama for cars before but been through a few times. Might have to meet up in FL or something. As stated before, the Gadsden thing has never been proposed to me again.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
I was just there giving dumb looks but from what I gathered he has used them. He said what sucks about em is you end up getting the permanent fix anyway. I can't believe those lines have no protection from the road.

Considering the fact that I have cleaned public restrooms before, hauling cars ain't too bad. More to it than regular freight though.

it definately takes someone other than a steering wheel holder to haul cars.

we are a special breed. ;Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I do a lot of highway miles on I-40. I check out the big rigs, but it takes one really decked out to catch my eye. Car haulers on the other hand always get my attention. I don't know if it's because of the load or the fact that they seem to take better care of their rigs. The mechanicals of the trailers and the fact that they almost always match the tractor intrigues me. The first time I saw a big rig with side pipes was a car hauler. They were at least 6", every bit of 8 feet long and ran all th way down the side just inches above the ground. That truck was decked out!

Tom

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
the one bad thing about a car hauler, is that we are areodynamically challenge.

they dont break thru the wind very good. but the trucks do look good when they are crusing down the super slab. ;Sweet

pafixitman

Reaction score
I always look at them for the loads - new metal, old metal or high dollar metal. Bama, two things really surprised me - the ride was smoother than I expected (even w/ just 2 cars coming home) and the interior noise was louder than I expected. Scott said the new truck is quieter, but by design parking lots have more wind noise. It was wild seeing the movement as we went down the road and then being told the cab was moving, not the deck. My wife bet me that I would talk his ear off on the ride - she won. (Scott was probably happy to get rid of my butt.) Just so much about trucks etc that I never knew!

I just wish I could pull my 5'r with the ease he moved 80,000 pounds!

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
when fully loaded, they just seem to float, makes for a good ride.

i took my first truck trip at the ripe old age of 6 months. i would fall asleep on the dog house of a cabover that my dad owned.

been hooked ever since. ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online