IDI rescues a Pete 379

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'm with you Bama, I was in a truck before I could walk. Dad started driving in 1953 in Korea, Was a OO off and on until 1980 Sold his truck Went to work driving others trucks. He's 76 yrs old. and drives locally(300 mile radius) part time during the summer months. I ride with him every chance I get. I've seen him back that tractor and trailer into places I couldn't drive a car. You guys have my UP MOST RESPECT. Big trucks get the "go ahead" wave, a quick flash of the lights, and lots of extra room to make the corners. Keep on truckin' guys! And for the everyone else. REMEMBER "If you got it, a truck brought it"

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Blew another *%#^$%#^ line!!!! ***!!!

when fully loaded, they just seem to float, makes for a good ride.

Unbelievable!!!!-cuss -cuss Every time I pull a ******** lever lately, something squirts out at me. Down to one union left in the stash. This one was on the tractor though & in didn't leave me stuck. Gotta fix it tomorrow (or later today - it's 3:20am). Joe you should have been on this trip. Left a day & a half after the ******* that drives for me & caught up to him in Charlotte & beat him home. Made 2 more drops & pick ups than him too. He will be unemployed not long after sun up. Just want my truck back in town when I fire his ass!!:mad: -cuss Got in a slight fisticuff at the auction due to my bad mood resulting from said driver & blew the damn line to top it off. This would have shown you a whole new side of carhauling.

Bama is dead on. This is a special breed. I happen to employee a special breed with special needs. The heavier my truck is the better it rides. Most of the time if I can't feel the usual bumps I know I'm over weight.

Tom, Most carhaulers don't swap trailers. They are usually bought as a unit & stay toghether. I don't swap mine because they're different colors & I can't have that!!!

Joe, you didn't talk my ear off & I really didn't mind having you along. I felt bad for your legs though.

I'm pissed & have to empty my Texas sized blatter now. Haven't peed since 10:00am. Need sleep.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scott-
you've got some serious pressure balance issues on your hydraulic system if you are blowing hoses that easily. The hoses should be rated at 300psi burst and if you're spiking past that, its time to start looing at the spooling valve or the pump bypass.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
scott-
you've got some serious pressure balance issues on your hydraulic system if you are blowing hoses that easily. The hoses should be rated at 300psi burst and if you're spiking past that, its time to start looing at the spooling valve or the pump bypass.

towcat, alot of the lines blow, because overtime, as you are moving ramps up & down, the lines will begin to rub on the corners of the steel posts, ramp decks, and so on, and so on.

as the original hoses get older, some will begin to dry rot overtime, and then they blow.

the system does have a pressure regulator, and we have never had a truck have to much pressure, the hoses have just got to be in good shape.

you gotta keep them tied up and out of the way of getting pinched and stuff like that.

you also need to keep the posts that the decks slide up and down on very slick, by coating them with a paintable graphite, called slipe plate. (its a nasty job painting that stuff on the posts, very hard to get off your clothes)

if they get to the point where the decks will not slide up and down, friction is created, and that puts pressure on the cylinders to slide on rusty posts, which can cause lines to blow, if they are weak.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah, what he said. LOL Mine aren't blowing from age or pressure. Bottom of the trailer is rubbing in the high spots some of the places I go & over time, they rub thin enough to blow out. This one on the tractor rubbed through on a metal corner over4 years

pafixitman

Reaction score
Dang, I missed some good action! Spent my fair share of time at Manheim, Balto-Wash and Fredricksburg. Actually the legs did not bother me - a bit surprising considering there was little leg room. The hand writting was on the wall with the "employee". Granted he isn't you, but comments were made in front of me for a reason - IMHO.

I have a second interview on Thursday afternoon with the cube farm, other than that I am game for another road trip!LOL ;Sweet Steph wants the Fla. run.:eek:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Ding **** the douchbag's dead!!!!!!:D No more employee. Went pretty well I think. It was obvious he wanted out, tired of hauling cars & the long hours. Said he counldn't keep up with the demand & just had to sleep more. 62.5 hrs to run from Baltimore to Charlotte on this last trip. I told him that was crap & there was something else going on but at this point in the game it didn't matter what it was 'cause he was done. Told me I'm a lunatic & I'll never find anyone that can run like I do. After he vented some, we ended it on good terms.

And to keep this sorta on topic, 2 leaking hydralic lines on the newer truck. Gotta go de-piggify it now & get it ready for the next guy.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Ding **** the douchbag's dead!!!!!!:D No more employee. Went pretty well I think. It was obvious he wanted out, tired of hauling cars & the long hours. Said he counldn't keep up with the demand & just had to sleep more. 62.5 hrs to run from Baltimore to Charlotte on this last trip. I told him that was crap & there was something else going on but at this point in the game it didn't matter what it was 'cause he was done. Told me I'm a lunatic & I'll never find anyone that can run like I do. After he vented some, we ended it on good terms.

And to keep this sorta on topic, 2 leaking hydralic lines on the newer truck. Gotta go de-piggify it now & get it ready for the next guy.

Glad it is done and he did not go postal. Hell, in 62.5 hrs I could haul 10 cars down and back w/ my Ford. Me thinks he was stopping at every -Showtits he passed!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
62.5 Hours?Damn,I could have done the Haul in the deuce and a half in that time!Maybe you should put a real time GPS tracking chip on that thing so you can actually see when the rig is moving and where it is going.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
drivers are the biggest pain in the butt in the truckin business, no matter what you haul. when you get a good one, you better hold on tight.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
62.5 Hours?Damn,I could have done the Haul in the deuce and a half in that time!Maybe you should put a real time GPS tracking chip on that thing so you can actually see when the rig is moving and where it is going.

It was almost like he wanted to get canned without actually quitting, but he didn't go postal at all.

I've thought about the GPS system but didn't want to lay out the money if I didn't have too. With that guy it would have been a nessessity. If I have the right guy it the truck (which I believe the guy I'm hiring next is), between me running loads on the same route & him calling in at each change of duty, I shouldn't need it. But it is a wise investment.

Bama, I've run side by side with my potential employee & he is good, damn good. He's getting the shaft right now with his current employer so it should be easy to keep him happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online