ICP Replacement

chops85

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a 2003 F-350 6.0 It's started leaking oil pretty bad around the back of the engine. It leaves a puddle after idling for 5-10 minutes. From reading past threads I'm leaning towards the ICP. Does the ICP need to be replaced or can I get away pulling it out and replacing the o ring? Am I headed in the right direction or is there something else I need to check out? I'll be looking it over Friday or Saturday. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It may be the sensor, or it coule be the fitting that is screws into. Hopefully it will be apparent what the problem is when you get it apart.

It is a bear to get to. You may be able to get to it from the top. I have read about accessing it from below. If you look up between the bell housing and the firewall on the drivers side you will see a silver heat shield. The ICP is behind that shield.

spindrift

Reaction score
Usually they leak through the harness which means you'll be getting a new sensor and harness.

chops85

Reaction score
Got the leak taken care of ;Sweet. Installed new sensor but the local ford dealer did not have the harness in stock-cuss. I cleaned the harness pretty thoroughly with electrical cleaner and put everything back together. I started on it Sunday night at 9pm and was done shortly after midnight. The truck has been running fine, so I may hold off on putting the new harness on. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online