I tried Power Service Diesel Kleen fuel addative...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Decided to give it a shot to see if it really did any good, noticibly quieter, I checked fuel economy, typically and consistantly 14mpg, but this time it made 15mpg, and felt like more power. To double check I only used it in my front tank and as soon as I switched back to the rear tank all the grumpyness came back, filled up today with addative in both tanks and she is happy again :)

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Diesel Kleen fuel additive since I got my F350 a few weeks ago and can noticably tell every time I don't use it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is in part, because fuels today were not made for our trucks. Our trucks haven't changed, but the fuel has. Even so, in the old days, you still needed it for anti-gelling properties in winter. Now it is pretty much a necessity to run something in every tank.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mel is correct these injection pumps when not lubed properly will start to lose their umph. Problem as Mel failed to mention is that the pumps on the IDI's are lubed by the fuel hence the reason for adding some lube to the fuel tank.

You can't really over lube the fuel but you can under lube it.

So the slogan applies here is...

If you love it - Lube it :Sly

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
Decided to give it a shot to see if it really did any good, noticibly quieter, I checked fuel economy, typically and consistantly 14mpg, but this time it made 15mpg, and felt like more power. To double check I only used it in my front tank and as soon as I switched back to the rear tank all the grumpyness came back, filled up today with addative in both tanks and she is happy again :)

I used Diesel Kleen all the time when I did my own grocery shopping... the Super WalMart always had it. :) Same results as others--engine ran quieter and had more power. Also a bit smoother.

Great stuff!

Now that I don't do the shopping... I just use Stanadyne lubricity additive and performance additive, with a little touch of Marvel Mystery Oil for good measure.

Mike

Exekiel69

Reaction score
argve said:
Mel is correct these injection pumps when not lubed properly will start to lose their umph. Problem as Mel failed to mention is that the pumps on the IDI's are lubed by the fuel hence the reason for adding some lube to the fuel tank.

You can't really over lube the fuel but you can under lube it.

So the slogan applies here is...

If you love it - Lube it :Sly

Travis, then wath if instead of 1 bottle of stanadyne ($5 16oz) I get 1 bottle of cannola oil ($5 1gal) and poor some into the tank every fill? I have been using stanadyne ever since I hear about it in every fill, but allways wonder wath is would be to use some kitchen oil on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online