i think i found my hard start problem+a few questions for you guys.

octopus

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

back 2 gp's, driver side broken in half.

heres my questions

1- is it possible to remove and replace the passengers side rearmost gp(the one under the turbo) without removing the turbo?

2- should i replace all 8 gps at the same time?

3-looks like my valve cover gaskets are leaking pretty bad, do u guys recommend any certain brand?also can i remove the passenger side valve cover without removing the turbo?

i'm also gonna do the fuel return lines and fuel filter while
i'm in there. anything else i should look at or replace while i have some things oof of the top of the engine?

thx

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes replace all 8 motor craft gp's only way to go from my understanding they brake off if u use cheap ones like auto lite u may have to take heads off to gt them out an ya maybe with alot of ext to gt in there bt maybe not I gt a different turbo try to re torqe the valve covers first

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting that gp out under the turbo is a ******, but it can be done. I've done it myself on more than one occasion on other guys trucks. I had to laugh one time... on the last truck I did for somebody. I started pulling their GP's and they were all Autolites. I was sweating bullets getting each one out, as they were all somewhat stuck, but I got them out in one piece. When I got to the one under the turbo it came right out. It was a Beru! It seems the last person to do the GP's gave up on that one, and it was original. LOL

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yeah,#7 is a PITA but doable. Make sure You soak it good with Kroil for a day or two. Some creative extension/socket work and it will come out.

octopus

Reaction score
soaking em dowm with pb blaster, waiting for the new zd9 gp's to arrive.

octopus

Reaction score
got the return line kit from russ(typ4) with the upgraded o-rings. i thought i saw some leaks.

octopus

Reaction score
are you talking about the plastic pieces that go on top of the injectors?

octopus

Reaction score
i think this bag might have olives in it

do they look like small pieces of tube?

and any tricks or tips on geting the gp's out without getting stuck?

gandalf

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Russ has the olives. Check with him to be sure.

What you're showing in your picture looks more like O-Rings. This is what I've always considered to be the olives. I got mine at the IH dealer.

You'll find them on the hard line between the fuel filter and the IP (seen in my picture). Gary, icanfixal, can tell you other places, all the places, you'll find the olives.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did my return lines with a kit from Russ. Great quality, worked fantastic. Only suggestion is to cut the line to the same length as the ones you are replacing. I cut one a little to long and came up a little short on the last one. There isn't to much extra line included with the kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online