i need any tips on fuel pump 7.3psd

smithandrew50

Reaction score
ok im back , now i need any tips on changing the fuel pump on a 97 psd fed admin. its a turbo. any special tools needed or what? what should i look for?
:dunno

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? If you'll fill out your sig (under User CP near the top), we'll know particulars about what you're working on. Changing it will be different depending on your year model..

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? If you'll fill out your sig (under User CP near the top), we'll know particulars about what you're working on. Changing it will be different depending on your year model..

he said it was a 97.

ok now we know its a 97.now we need to know ifs its a cali model or not.look at the tag on the pasengers side valve cover,it will say if its for cali emissions.or does it look like this?.... http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1438455671067175480HfySnP?vhost=rides

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
ok im back , now i need any tips on changing the fuel pump on a 97 psd fed admin. its a turbo. any special tools needed or what? what should i look for?
:dunno
I see 97 and fed admin.. so it is not a cali truck?

I just did mine... you will need a 1 1/4 wrench bent like a Z kind of... this is for the banjo nut, that was about the hardest part and then getting it back in. all the other stuff is easy.LOL

Attachments

• banjo.JPG
    banjo.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 6

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...must be one of those brain teasers...I can't see how I missed the year in that....twice!

I'm not sure that removing the turbo wouldn't make this job a lot easier. I replaced my pump without removing the turbo, but it sure would make that banjo bolt easier to get. I didn't have problems getting it off, but re-threading that bad boy ate my sack lunch!

smithandrew50

Reaction score
well the fuel pump is done and didnt need to bend a great snapon wrench, have a son with small hands!!! comes in every time!! but still acts like its running out of fuel?? so now what??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online