I need a starter.....

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I want to hear! I should get my starter this week. Today the starter actually worked for me. It seems when it gets fairly cold it doesn't work at first until a lot of clicking and hammering on the starter.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If using the NP be absolutley sure all the cables are perfect and the batteries are perfect and the cable ends, low voltage to the starter will kill the NP alot faster than the mitsu

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the denso starter draws less current actually it says 2.5 kw where I think the mitsu says 3.5 kw. The mitsu does seem to be a heavy duty starter but I really like the sounds of the denso. I can't wait to put it on. I will keep the old starter around and maybe put a new solenoid on it some time for a spare.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I think the denso starter draws less current actually it says 2.5 kw where I think the mitsu says 3.5 kw. The mitsu does seem to be a heavy duty starter but I really like the sounds of the denso. I can't wait to put it on. I will keep the old starter around and maybe put a new solenoid on it some time for a spare.

Like i said be sure all your cables and everything are in perfect shape

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are but I think it should be more of an issue with the mitsu starter since it draws more current. You want good connections and cables no matter what.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Mine are but I think it should be more of an issue with the mitsu starter since it draws more current. You want good connections and cables no matter what.

Yes you always do, but its been proven the mitsu will put up better to low voltage than the other, bit sayin gthe other is a bad stater its a good one, just be sure all the cables are good

BUbbas94F350

Reaction score
well i decided today was the day to endure the cold before the snow comes..I went out and that darn thing started right up...moved it around a bit got the truck situated where i want it so i can change the starter..shut it off, then it started right back up again..so i let it sit for 10 hours and went out about an hour ago ..started right up...so now i am going to look at this as i should have before the purchase of the new starter ..everything that was stated above in the other post..I have only assumed to this point that the starter was bad with the clicking rather than checking all the wires first...my loss if i find somthing loose, fraid, broken or other..at least i will have a spare starter..:dunno

If using the NP be absolutley sure all the cables are perfect and the batteries are perfect and the cable ends, low voltage to the starter will kill the NP alot faster than the mitsu

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My starter works perfectly when it warms up above freezing. You can count on it just clicking in the morning if its cold out. I have tried everything in the mornings to start it just clicking it alot it will eventually free up and spin over. I have tried tapping it with a hammer, etc. and nothing. Today I took a bottle torch and heated it and the solenoid up a bit and it cranked right over after I did that. It will keep working all day once its first starts cranking. I am thinking there is some kind of condensation in the solenoid or starter drive that freezes overnight and prevents it from working until it gets warmed up. I can't wait to get the new starter and put it on. Were supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow night also.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My starter works perfectly when it warms up above freezing. You can count on it just clicking in the morning if its cold out. I have tried everything in the mornings to start it just clicking it alot it will eventually free up and spin over. I have tried tapping it with a hammer, etc. and nothing. Today I took a bottle torch and heated it and the solenoid up a bit and it cranked right over after I did that. It will keep working all day once its first starts cranking. I am thinking there is some kind of condensation in the solenoid or starter drive that freezes overnight and prevents it from working until it gets warmed up. I can't wait to get the new starter and put it on. Were supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow night also.

Take it apart and give it a little oil

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah I have a new starter coming very soon. I will keep my old around for a spare. I had a very nice member on here notice I needed a starter and sent me a pm offering me a used one for the price of shipping but I decided to just get a new one for peace of mind.