i know i'm a doofus.... BUT

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at the least you have a decent attitude towards this whole situation.

You want answers.....we want pictures.....and neither is in a position to provide either...LOL

I can give you suggestions out that wazooo...but to what value they would be I don't know.

As for a 60 swapping in, unbolt the 50 and TTB bolt in 60's track bar and lift 60 up install ubolts/driveshaft/connect steering, bleed brakes, reconnect new shocks...OH wait...fix shock tower while nothing is under there first....then do the above...and continuing on...bolt up shocks...

If you can get a 60 I preferr King pin style, vs ball joint models, so 91 and down, 92 up is ball joint and in 95 IIRC or 96 there's issues with different parts cause of ABS....

get a quote on all new bushings for your TTB, refer back to my exploded view for details; and springs and spring bushings too, a price out a shock tower or two???? shocks as well cause the one that broke the tower off is likely ***** inside, don't know how your steering linkags are but may want to look at those, probably new ball joints for the TTB knuckles, hows the brakes???? At the least two front wheel bearing seals, then repack those wheel bearings for good measure! May want to consider axle u joints too....they don't usually have grease nipples and are known to get crusty/seized up from lack of use....IIRC there are 3 on the front axle.

Without some pics and you taking the time to inspect all the above to rule any of it out, I'm going on the basis that with springs as worn as they are you are in need of a complete front end rebuild.

Or maybe the parts are good and just need some new springs, and spring bushings, along with shocks n shock tower/s?

Don't know.....but those are some starting points to consider.

JM2CW

Al

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
except that a chevy frame, engine, and axles underneath a ford truck is blasphemy! :puke:

I totally agree! But putting a newer body on an older ford frame would just be time and work. If you had a truck you liked and the frame was cracked or messed up for some reason it would work to keep that truck. I didn't mean it as if some one did it to be dishonest. Technically it is the same frame, it just would have the D50 if it were old enough.

WhiteMystery93

Coal Factory
Reaction score
I totally agree! But putting a newer body on an older ford frame would just be time and work. If you had a truck you liked and the frame was cracked or messed up for some reason it would work to keep that truck. I didn't mean it as if some one did it to be dishonest. Technically it is the same frame, it just would have the D50 if it were old enough.

i wasn't implying that somebody did it to be dishonest, don't get me wrong, lol. it's just been interesting to discover for once what's really going on down there, ya know? when i bought it i knew the suspension was sagged out pretty bad in the front, it's getting thick finding out that apparently the front end that's on my truck didn't come on my truck, haha!

WhiteMystery93

Coal Factory
Reaction score
Well at the least you have a decent attitude towards this whole situation.

You want answers.....we want pictures.....and neither is in a position to provide either...LOL

I can give you suggestions out that wazooo...but to what value they would be I don't know.

As for a 60 swapping in, unbolt the 50 and TTB bolt in 60's track bar and lift 60 up install ubolts/driveshaft/connect steering, bleed brakes, reconnect new shocks...OH wait...fix shock tower while nothing is under there first....then do the above...and continuing on...bolt up shocks...

If you can get a 60 I preferr King pin style, vs ball joint models, so 91 and down, 92 up is ball joint and in 95 IIRC or 96 there's issues with different parts cause of ABS....

get a quote on all new bushings for your TTB, refer back to my exploded view for details; and springs and spring bushings too, a price out a shock tower or two???? shocks as well cause the one that broke the tower off is likely ***** inside, don't know how your steering linkags are but may want to look at those, probably new ball joints for the TTB knuckles, hows the brakes???? At the least two front wheel bearing seals, then repack those wheel bearings for good measure! May want to consider axle u joints too....they don't usually have grease nipples and are known to get crusty/seized up from lack of use....IIRC there are 3 on the front axle.

Without some pics and you taking the time to inspect all the above to rule any of it out, I'm going on the basis that with springs as worn as they are you are in need of a complete front end rebuild.

Or maybe the parts are good and just need some new springs, and spring bushings, along with shocks n shock tower/s?

Don't know.....but those are some starting points to consider.

JM2CW

Al

i know the complications between my ability to provide pictures and y'alls desires for pictures have been a PITA, i will post some as soon as i can, i SWEAR lol. i appreciate what you're doing for me though, Al, i really do. that extends to the rest of the OB members also! i realize i came into this situation with a picture in my head and in my driveway and as far as wanting answers, didn't have my S&#T together! totally my fault :sly i will have pics up within a day or so, my schedule is ridiculous right now and with no phone or digi it's making it far too complicated -cuss haha

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I wonder if a TTB was swapped with the d60 springs still in place. Also I have seen ttb obs crewcab trucks but Gasser shortbeds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online