i know i'm a doofus.... BUT

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
yeah you got some sagged out springs. the D60 w/ F-350 springs should make a happy face lol.

the link that i posted would be the shocks your truck needs if it is at stock ride height(no lift). you don't have to use Bilstein though. your call on brand. i don't know about the leafs though.

WhiteMystery93

Coal Factory
Reaction score
Hey, lets get some data on this rig before we throw ideas out at it.

FIRST this trucks front end.

IS IT A SOLID AXLE? If so then something is drastically wrong. besides springs!

Is it a TTB meaning the axle is actually two parts swinging independently this axle is KNOWN for worn bushings and so forth that cause the wheels to camber inwards and you end up wearing tyres off like crazy on the inside edge

Your description of eating tyres, what / how is this happening? Where is the degradation occurring?

You speak of broken shock mount this sounds like the axle compressed the bump stop and subsequently snapped that shock bracket off too.

Can you get pictures of whats going on?

Oh and BTW, If I havent already....

Welcome to Oil Burners!

Al

thanks for the welcomes, guys ;Sweet ! i've been sneaking around this forum for quite some time learning everything i can about this big beautiful ******* i drive, haha.

it is a TTB front end (my buddy calls it a 'twin i-beam', but so much crap comes out of his mouth i don't know whether to give him a breathmint or toilet paper :dunno ) the last tire started cupping really badly (both new tires on passenger front driver front is still at 95% tread life) and wobbling and shaking all over the place and the new one's bouncing all around and shaking but the wear on it doesn't seem to be uneven at all, just looks like a tire with way more miles than 1000 on it lol -cuss . i can get some pictures tomorrow, i don't actually know how to post them onto a forum anymore, lol. and yeah the bracket just literally ripped off the frame, the bolts and what steel was between the two are still there, the whole bracket is off and just has a gaping hole where you're supposed to bolt it on.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I never seen an F350 with a TTB front axle. Sounds like you are in need of a full axle rebuild. If it was mine this is what I would do. Get some good stock leafs from a junk yard or buy a lift if that's what you want. Get new bushings for the beams and new ball joints. It's been a while since I have had one of those apart but the hardest part is those bushings for the beams. While I was at it I would clean up all the bearings and repack them and check all the u joints. Its one of those jobs you only want to have to do once so it's best to do it all and do it right while you are there.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to run the VIN and see if its really a 350. Swapping to a TTB would be a lot of fab work.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
or you could search for the correct D60 axle for that truck since it would probly be best to go threw the TTB that is in there anyways. you are going to have a NEW front end either way. might as well have the right axle. that all depends on if you can find a D60 and the seller doesn't think it is gold.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or you could search for the correct D60 axle for that truck since it would probly be best to go threw the TTB that is in there anyways. you are going to have a NEW front end either way. might as well have the right axle. that all depends on if you can find a D60 and the seller doesn't think it is gold.

That is a valid point. If you can get an axle from a pull a part that would be the cheapest way to go for sure. Then you would have a 1 ton again. Really the only difference between a 250 and 350 is the axles.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pictures of this rig would help as well. I've never seen a F350 with a TTB diff either. Pics of the broken bracketing and sad face springs would be good as well.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya'll going bout this kinda twisted,

First now we know he has a TTB front diff.

This allows us to either work out the solution....or he can find a D60 and track bar and swap that in.

IMHO D60 is way to go, sounds like springs are sagged....no...sounds like TTB springs to me...and a little sagged...they are reverse arch....F350 D60's have a near flat arch if you will....

Regardless of VIN or what ever he has TTB front, it is up to him to decide which way to go.

BTW TTB F350's existed in the early 80's though to my knowledge NOT in 90's

Sounds to me someone has rebadged the fenders on the truck and registered it as an F350. I highly doubt anyone would take the time to swap in a TTB.

So to the OP

Your choice is a complete rebuild of front end maybe....depends on how your ball joints and such are or a solid axle swap...aka SAS to a Dana 60.

What would you like to do?

My thoughts being a CC LB swap the stonger more reliable 60 in n be done with the issues you have ONCE AND FOR ALL!

JM2CW

Al

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Could it be someone swapped a TTB with gasser springs or half ton front end? Would explain the TTB and also the extreme sagging.