I kick my clutch pedal, and it kicks back.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The return spring on my clutch pedal is mounted so that when I push the clutch to the floor, the spring "cams over" sorta like a compound bow at full draw, then when I try to let off, the spring is pushing back with full pressure right at the engagement point, like trying to let off the bow and hold it at 90% draw.

Anyone else's clutch act this way?

I looked, but stuff was in the way, and I couldn't see if the spring mount is adjustable. Is there a way to remedy this? I've been driving it this way since I bought the truck, and according to the previous owner, it's been that way since he bought it. But I figured since I'm working on clutch stuff already, I might as well attack this issue as well.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a similar problem on mine when I purchased it. It ended up being the peddle mount under the dash. It had worn so badly that the hole for the pivot shaft had elongated and the peddle actually was sticking. Got the mount and related bushings from LMCtruck.com:

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=39

Part #'s: (#1) 43-6111 x 1, (#5) 43-6013 x 4

Had to take the steering column out, dash apart, etc. but once it was done the clutch worked awesome!!!

opps!! That was for my '90. Just noticed yours was a '93. Same page has parts for your truck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online