I have to give UPS credit

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
Just picked up my hypermax turbo at US customs. Sorry guys of the previous post but it arrived UPS undamaged, not even the box was torn. NOW the fun begins. ( Gotta read all the previous installation advice posts first on Oilburners.net ) :hail:hail:hail

antivtec

Brown Bomber
Reaction score
I've always had good luck with ups. I've shipped a couple things to canada by ups and the buyer was always happy when it got there, and i have had many thing shipped to me by ups and i've never had a complaint.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with UPS either, just their prices. When I had a job, we had several boxes delivered from some other company that looked like they had been shot. A few of the boxes had holes in them and the plastic trays inside were shattered to hell. Needless to say, a phone call was made and some reimbursing took place.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
UPS was fast, but their sneakyness was UNREAL. I bought 3 gauge pods from NYC. Shipped by UPS. I got the sticky note saying to come pick it up, and I owed another $48.60. Confused as I had already paid $19.99 for the shipping, I went over to the depot and paid. The paperwork said I owed $4 for duty taxes, which was no big deal. The other $44 was for them to ship my package from the border to Halifax. IF I would have known that, I would have NEVER used UPS....So I basically paid $68.59 to ship a 2 pound box from NYC to Halifax...Rip off if you ask me!!!!!

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
I've never shipped anything across country lines but I've always had good luck with UPS. Was on a first name basis with my driver every time I started working on a new project. They're the only company I'll use (unless I can fit what I'm shipping in a USPS flat rate box ;Sweet ).

sassyrel

Reaction score
UPS was fast, but their sneakyness was UNREAL. I bought 3 gauge pods from NYC. Shipped by UPS. I got the sticky note saying to come pick it up, and I owed another $48.60. Confused as I had already paid $19.99 for the shipping, I went over to the depot and paid. The paperwork said I owed $4 for duty taxes, which was no big deal. The other $44 was for them to ship my package from the border to Halifax. IF I would have known that, I would have NEVER used UPS....So I basically paid $68.59 to ship a 2 pound box from NYC to Halifax...Rip off if you ask me!!!!!

yup--with the canada thing--ups can be real azzzes

Greywynd

Reaction score
UPS seems to nail everyone with 'brokerage' fees with anything coming across the border. I've had $50 items cost over $100 by the time they arrived. The last few times I've ordered from the states I will ship anything BUT UPS, and seem to have fared okay. I wanted to order stuff from one place, and asked if they had alternative shipping methods, when the answer was no, I said thanks but no thanks, that I would deal elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online