I have my heart set on a mechanical clutch linkages how to hook it up?

GTFD

Reaction score
JRED, thanks for clearing up the all external for me, I've been having nightmares over that issue because i like manual trannys only; and still hunting for one.

suv7734

Reaction score
Diagrams of Mech. Linkage

JD,

Here are some good diagrams of the mechanical linkage referring to a 1981 model with gasser.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yup that be the set up, i circled the pivot part that screws into the back of the block. mine didnt have a return spring either......

my pleasure to help GTFD and welcome to the site lots of helpful people here!

Attachments

• 0900823d800a8d48.gif
    0900823d800a8d48.gif
    86.4 KB · Views: 11

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look like it will screw into the t19 bell...its going to take some work. I'm up for it and in it :)

subway

Reaction score
JD, here is a quick mock up of what i have done in the past to not have to worry about the ends again.

1. the first part is the stock clutch rod complete with some wear on it:D

2. the secound part is the end cut off and tapped

3. the third and forth parts are the tie rod ends that can then be screwed on with a jamb nut. i prefer the forth style but dont always have the room for it.(dont forget to get right handed threads unless you have special left had dies for the threads)

hope this helps make things clear. just make sure the new center of the joint measures the same as the old joint represented by the line you see running through them. it really isent hard to do.

Attachments

• clutch linkage1.jpg
    clutch linkage1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6
  • clutch linkage.jpg
    clutch linkage.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 8

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooowww somebody uses a 3D drafting package at work. ;Sweet SDRC?

subway

Reaction score
Ooowww somebody uses a 3D drafting package at work. ;Sweet SDRC?

yup:D got professionally certified last year, its Solid works but we also have Pro-Engineer but its been so long I would have to re-learn it. great stuff though to do layouts with tolerances before anything is even built.:cool

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YAY, Solidworks. I just took a class for solidworks, and i also use it alot. Its so nice to see a product before its ever made.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jared those are some good pics. So you cut the bend off the linkage, then thread it with a die and then add that jam nut which threads into the tie rod end correct? Now all I have to do is get the engine pivot to fit the t19 bell or fabricate something that will(plus a spare). Thanks

subway

Reaction score
yup you got it, i just added the jamb nut to keep the linkage from rotating in or out of the joint by itself.