I hauled 2.6 tons of sand ...

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I hauled 2.6 TONS of sand in the bed of my truck today. Went thru scale at the gravel yard before and after loading it. The attendant was surprised that it held that much. So was I, and surprised that it still moved. I had the air bags at 50psi and truck was barely on the overload springs, sat level to road and 60psi in the rear tires, no tire squat.;Sweet Okiegringo

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet Ya gotta love a dually, especially for not sqautting the tires.

Bought a 3500# pallet of Castle wall landscaping block at Lowe's last week and the cashier was worried and kept asking me about putting the whole thing in my pickup :eek:

I didn't bother to tell them the payload rating is just over 5000# on my dually:rotflmao

Sure did make it ride nice

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
LOL Amen. My '86 dually has such a heavy service body on it, rides better than the '96 shortbox.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I had 1800+ lbs of sand in my 85 F250. The guy dumping the bucket just kept looking at me like I was crazy, the whole time I kept giving him the "Keep Dumping Sign" It took allmost a full 3 yard bucket, and was allmost to the top of the rails. The Lady operating the scale/counter just said, "Come back if you need more."

I had 80lbs in the air bags, and I allway run my tires @ 75lbs. No squat outta either. Good thing the pit is only 1-1/2 miles, on a dirt road, from my house. The front end wanted to wander all over the place.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 1800+ lbs of sand in my 85 F250

Cmon now that's only a little over 3/4 ton, Shame on you, I've put more than that in my old '76 F100 without helper springs/air bags and riding on passenger car tires:D ;Poke

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I had 1800+ lbs of sand in my 85 F250. The guy dumping the bucket just kept looking at me like I was crazy, the whole time I kept giving him the "Keep Dumping Sign" It took allmost a full 3 yard bucket, and was allmost to the top of the rails. The Lady operating the scale/counter just said, "Come back if you need more."

I had 80lbs in the air bags, and I allway run my tires @ 75lbs. No squat outta either. Good thing the pit is only 1-1/2 miles, on a dirt road, from my house. The front end wanted to wander all over the place.

sure you didnt miss a zero, i think i had close to that in my 81 honda civic when i hauled a v-8 and a pair of axels in the back LOL forget about using 5th or even 4th unless it was down hill

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
2.6 tons ???? whats keeping you from loading it up ? 3.5 tons is about the norm for me but thats mostly because the guys don't know how to load a truck with a bed smaller then their bucket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online