I Got a Thinky Missing...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The part is off the truck, the problem is, the threads are much wider than the hole in the bracket...meaning I can't get the bolt off the bracket!
oic. as luck have it, you don't have a serviceable item. change it out entirely. new assy at the parts house.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oic. as luck have it, you don't have a serviceable item. change it out entirely. new assy at the parts house.
Fellas, it all about the DETAILS!
Why wasn't this little DETAIL brought to my attention BEFORE I purchased the bushings?????

Oooooh no, this part WILL indeed be "serviceable"...I just have to slip into Macgyver mode.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fellas, it all about the DETAILS!
Why wasn't this little DETAIL brought to my attention BEFORE I purchased the bushings?????

Oooooh no, this part WILL indeed be "serviceable"...I just have to slip into Macgyver mode.
it's a crapshoot on what is put on your truck when it goes down the assy line. some get the servicable ones, some don't. it depends what's in the nut and bolt bin that day.
sorry.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So far I recall all of mine on both the chevy and the ford truck have been serviceable. I think I have repalced all of them at least once or twice.. Lots of door banging makem loose rounfd these parts. I have never yet done the tailgate roolers but maybe someday. Normally I run without the tailgate on my rigs. In cali we have a huge fine from the CHP for driving on the freeways with the gates down. I think its $276.00. The good wifey just learned the fine here in cali is $20.00 for each mile per hour over the limit. Not a good thing but at least we know this. Or some of us know it...

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some kind of 1/2" semi flexible plastic pipe at lowes for mine. Cut to length, cut a slit lengthwise, and slip it over. Only tool needed was a knife. I still have all but 2" of the 4' I bought so I could send you a couple. I figured they wouldn't last long, but its been 3+ years now.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I recall all of mine on both the chevy and the ford truck have been serviceable. I think I have repalced all of them at least once or twice.. Lots of door banging makem loose rounfd these parts. I have never yet done the tailgate roolers but maybe someday. Normally I run without the tailgate on my rigs. In cali we have a huge fine from the CHP for driving on the freeways with the gates down. I think its $276.00. The good wifey just learned the fine here in cali is $20.00 for each mile per hour over the limit. Not a good thing but at least we know this. Or some of us know it...
it's $20/mi to 75 mph. anything above 75 mph is an impound and a trip to the pokey.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hell Ken... I'll tell them your phone number if you want me too. I'm sure someone got your plate number as you flew by them. Well thanks for the tip Calvin. I'll have to slow down to 75 from now on. For the last week I have been traveling about 180 miles per day medicating two horses. On Tuesday I put one down. He was 29 and our daughters first horse and best frined. We traveled to many a shows all over the us with him. Sometimes I felt we were a traveling side show to a circus with all the places we went. Stayed in some real dumps too and some really nice places. Regina Sask was about the nicest town we ever showed in. People were great too. Sometimes ya gotta go with the flow of traffic or get runed over by 18 wheelers or the road trains that some states allow. Those guys are hauling a load..

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIXED...ended up purchasing the whole Dorman striker assembly $8 from Auto Zone.
> > > Ford wanted almost $50 smackers and was on back-order.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the striker bolt bushing just a little plastic sleeve that goes ontop of the hinge bolt pictured in OPs post? If so I dont have that on any of my 4 doors..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The plastic sleeve is a sound deadener. What happens is they wear out and break off. Then the door shakes against the steel to steel door catch making a hell of a noise thats not pleasant to listen to on a bump. If you never swa them on your doors usually there is no way you will know something is missing Its the drivers side that is the first to wear out because its opened and closed so often compared to the back or passenger door is.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell Ken... I'll tell them your phone number if you want me too. I'm sure someone got your plate number as you flew by them. Well thanks for the tip Calvin. I'll have to slow down to 75 from now on. For the last week I have been traveling about 180 miles per day medicating two horses. On Tuesday I put one down. He was 29 and our daughters first horse and best frined. We traveled to many a shows all over the us with him. Sometimes I felt we were a traveling side show to a circus with all the places we went. Stayed in some real dumps too and some really nice places. Regina Sask was about the nicest town we ever showed in. People were great too. Sometimes ya gotta go with the flow of traffic or get runed over by 18 wheelers or the road trains that some states allow. Those guys are hauling a load..

gary & ken-
here's the "skinny" on the patrolman's view.....
most veteran guys see 80-85 on the LIDAR all day long. most have the threshold set at 90. if you are caught on a clear/dry/day/night, you're getting an automatic discount to 75mph. now there are exceptions to the statement.....if you going faster than the majority of the traffic, if traffic conditions are not ideal, if you have a mouth that will get you in trouble, and if you have multiple priors or you are on parole/probation.....your options drop dramatically. bottom line, on a 10 hour shift, a traffic stop takes 30-45min worth of paperwork. If they are going to stop you, they are going to make sure it's going to stick. Rookies otoh.......there's no telling what soft rules they follow by.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726