I cant keep up with my Alcoas.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, I know they are made in the USA, US Steel in granite city supplies all the metal for ford wheels.... They sure do look good with some new bfg's on them

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Wouldn't Alcoa make the Alcoa wheels... not Ford?

Alcoa is an aluminum manufacturer. Maybe Ford applies the clear?

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their not actually Alcoa brand wheels, just a slang term for the 1995-1997 style 8 hole aluminum wheels ford offered for a short time, part # F5TZ 1007A. The actual Alcoa brand wheel is similar to fords style , but it appears to have more offset and no tabs in the center for the caps to clip onto

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Their not actually Alcoa brand wheels, just a slang term for the 1995-1997 style 8 hole aluminum wheels ford offered for a short time, part # F5TZ 1007A. The actual Alcoa brand wheel is similar to fords style , but it appears to have more offset and no tabs in the center for the caps to clip onto

The Aloca version are the ones I have. No notches for the center caps meant I had to get 4 aftermarket rear caps(attach to lugs) and cut holes for the front ones.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Aloca version are the ones I have. No notches for the center caps meant I had to get 4 aftermarket rear caps(attach to lugs) and cut holes for the front ones.

I 've heard of guys using that style center cap that attached to the lug nuts instead of clipping on the wheel... I never could located any that didn't have the blue oval in the center... Did you install the acorn lug nuts your truck came with? Or find a set of the 9/16-18 black ones with washers on them that ford only made 3 years ? I had to use a junkyard to find a set lol

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I 've heard of guys using that style center cap that attached to the lug nuts instead of clipping on the wheel... I never could located any that didn't have the blue oval in the center... Did you install the acorn lug nuts your truck came with? Or find a set of the 9/16-18 black ones with washers on them that ford only made 3 years ? I had to use a junkyard to find a set lol

I got the center caps from Hub Cap Annie, $120 for all 4. I believe I am using the lugnuts that came with the truck when I had the steelies on it. I had 17's on the truck for a bit then traded with a guy for the Alcoas. The lugnuts I got with them were too large for the aftermarket caps to slip on to as the Alcoas usually use a push through center cap.

Reaction score

When I put Alcoas on my truck (the OEM Ford ones with the notches), I had to buy new center caps to go with them. I used the ones you find on eBay all day long for about $89 for all 4. They hold on to the outer edges of the lugs and don't have the Ford logo on them. I did have to swap out the lugs to ones with a smaller nut size, though, be use the caps wouldn't fit over my stockers. I just used some generic lugs I bought at the local parts store.

I have heard some guys ***** that these style caps come off too easy, but I've had them on for over a year without issue.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online