Hypermax's Superbuild

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welding on the heads can happen but it would never hold at all. Even if the block was cut so there was an area to weld to heating it up and maintaining the welding temps would melt the pistons. Now think clearly about this... Install the pistons... Weld the heads on the block... Now the pistons can'r be removed. Surely this is a joke by someone above thats probably laughing it off right about now seeing all these remraks.. But is welding the heads on possible... Yes... But it would not hold anything. Way back in the 1950s the offenhouser indy engines had no heads. They were machined block from the crank side. Think about how much work it took to machine the 4 valves per cylinder. The pistons and rods had to be installed from the crank side. Then the crank... Yes.... that was a job right there. The reasons those engines were made that way is the head gaskets would blow with the compression ratios and the fuels burned....:sly

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW!

Straight from Hypermax
Hi Brad,
Here are some pictures of it. It's a 7.3 IDI with an inline pump and 2 turbo
chargers. We built it for truck pulling but the rules changed and it never
made it out. A local drag racer bought it and put it in a F100. I'm not sure
how many times he ran it.
Thanks
Ron

You must be registered for see images attach

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see why with a little firewall clearancing you couldnt fit that in a truck.:sly

ken74amx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live only 20 minutes from Hypermax and I think I just might have to run over and check those parts out. See what kind of prices we are looking at also. It will have to wait till monday as I'm loaded with work this weekend. I'll let everyone know what I find out asap!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, sweet mother of god. thats the beast i looked for info all over the net for a week. never thought to email hypermax.

this i what gets me, if on an unlimited budget you can build a 1200hp idi thats still an idi. then why can't anyone with the know-how and funds build a 500-600hp baby version of this same engine?? what is everyone doing so wrong, it can be done they proved that 20 years ago...

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
wow, sweet mother of god. thats the beast i looked for info all over the net for a week. never thought to email hypermax.

this i what gets me, if on an unlimited budget you can build a 1200hp idi thats still an idi. then why can't anyone with the know-how and funds build a 500-600hp baby version of this same engine?? what is everyone doing so wrong, it can be done they proved that 20 years ago...

They are not opening up their wallets far enough or fast enough!

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is definately one hell of a engine but imagine the cost on the transmission to transfer all that power and torque.:hail Which one would you use?:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online