Hydrogen Generator

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a hydrogen generator set up with our style trucks? Is it a lubricity factor with diesels and cutting back on the fuel consumption?... If its been done what are the pros and cons. Milage increase ect.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would act like propane injection and might increase your fuel economy. It seems to have been real successful in gasoline engines in decreasing fuel consumptions.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have time to read all 700+ posts, here's all the info you should need.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/721972-the-hho-injection-thread.html

I was there when that one was started. So far two powerstroke guys are claiming results in the low 20s when normally the mid teens for MPGs were observed. This is their claim at least, its up to the reader to determine if its true. There are however plans and ideas exchanged on how to build different versions of generator and most are simple enough to make at home.

I'm working on one, but time is tight and its slow going.

If you have the time, its worth the read but be warned its still growing.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems very reasonable gains, although it probably could be had with some regular mods on a PSD. I want to do it maybe, I just haven't messed with it much.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it may be worth me seriously looking into and getting some stuff to experiment with at Lowe's this week if I have time. A mere 1 mpg avg gain in fuel economy over 10,000 - 15,000 miles a month would save me $170 - $260 a month at $4.15 per gallon

A 15% increase in economy could save me as much as $622 a month at $4.15 per gallon. Hmmmm time to get busy