Hydroboost swap in progress, hit some snags and need advice

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I threw in the towel. I scrapped the plan of bypassing the booster and decided to just go for the pump, and of course that went sideways. I could not get the pulley to cooperate or the reservoir on the old pump to come off. Got tired of fighting it and had it towed.

Naturally, taking the cowards way out has had karmic consequences. I had my truck dropped off after hours at the shop, but they've been closed all week. Even the "easy" way out is becoming a pain in the rear. What was that you said about luck? :rotflmao

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think I've forgotten about you guys. It's just taken THIS F!@#ING LONG to get it back, if patience were an Olympic sport I'd have the gold medal. The shop I took it to was gone for the first week, then for the next four weeks they never even touched my truck. Kept telling me "maybe Thursday or Friday", and 5 weeks later and it's not touched. I got there this morning to take my truck back and they weren't even open, I had to get my spare set of keys and take it the hard way. And because karma is still a thing, the battery in my second remote is dead and unlocking the truck via key pissed off the alarm, so I had to cut the wire going to the screamer. -cuss

The good news though? I made arrangements at another shop to get the work done. It didn't even take them two hours to get it done. Now it has the old power steering pump (300k mile pumps work better than Chinese reman pumps, who knew), the correct reservoir, and WORKING HYDROBOOST!! :rock: Also, my seatbelts work :rotflmao

Thank you guys so much for all your help, this upgrade never would have happened if it wasn't for you guys helping me out. Extra shout-out to IDIoit for sending me the reservoir and Towcat for the hydroboost pedals, I don't think I would have found either of those parts if it weren't for you two. Thank you all so much :hail

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your hydroboost tale. I didn't have anything to offer, but I enjoyed following it. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online