Hydro-stop kit #3 1996 F-Super Duty

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I have a hydro-boost kit from a 1996 F-Super Duty truck for sale.

Includes: hydro booster, both pressure lines, PS reservoir (no pump) with 3 ports, and brake pedal assembly for an automatic

Should be everything you need to swap out your old vacuum booster that doesn't work anyway and get some real stopping power. You can keep your old master cylinder and not have to bleed out your brakes this way.

$200 firm + shipping

This is the last kit I have. Since IDIoit called first in line on the other thread, he can have until midnight to claim this one. Then, M2bdriver has a chance. Otherwise, it's up for grabs from the general population.

Last edited:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must have ran across a pretty sweet yard somewhere lindstromjd. All 460/auto trucks? Been trying to find a power stroke passenger battery tray/radiator overflow/windshield reservoir.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Yes, those F-Super Duty trucks were all 460/auto. But there is one OBS PSD in that yard. Relatively untouched. Send me a text and I'll try to remember to grab those for you.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun money is a little low right now, but I will get in touch in a few days.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, i will have an extra battery tray in a couple months. i need to install the ones in my 94,
i also have a set of brick nose ones i wont be using.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you come across another one in your travels, please keep me in mind.
Thanks again!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, i will have an extra battery tray in a couple months. i need to install the ones in my 94,
i also have a set of brick nose ones i wont be using.

Brick nose battery trays you say..... I think I have 2 good ones but they are both for the same side....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cpdenton is looking for some...

not I!

I have a few spares. let me piece the OBS ones together and see what I got. maybe I have the other sides lol

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am specifically looking for one from a power stroke. The stroke overflow bottle and windshield washer bottle bolt to the passenger battery tray, only reason I need the tray. I am trying to get rid of the banks sidewinder filter, it is junk. I want to try and adapt a power stroke intake to it.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am specifically looking for one from a power stroke. The stroke overflow bottle and windshield washer bottle bolt to the passenger battery tray, only reason I need the tray. I am trying to get rid of the banks sidewinder filter, it is junk. I want to try and adapt a power stroke intake to it.

Another option may be a stock 6.0 Air Filter System. It mounts toward the drivers side but stands up between the drivers side battery tray and the radiator. However, the washer tank on a 6.0 is buried on the passenger side under the battery area somewhere (all you can see is the fill tube) and the overflow bottle is a degas bottle and is mounted to the cowl above and to the left of the brake master/booster.

You must be registered for see images attach

It is right beside the battery with the clips on it. If you want better pics, let me know I can take some of mine over the weekend, this is one I borrowed from google.......

They are good up to about 500hp (Plenty for an IDI) but the filters are expensive. They are a Donaldson Powercore Filter:

You must be registered for see images

https://www.donaldson.com/en/engine/support/datalibrary/059806.pdf

The 6.0 Filter is rated at over 3 POUNDS of contaminates before it is considered dirty enough to replace. I have not replaced mine, so I know there is at least 70,000 miles on my filter...... could be the factory one at 150,000 miles. Still working fine.

Just another option, everything under the hood of a 6.0 "has a place" since it is quite busy under there......

Sorry about the hijack.....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cpdenton is looking for some...

not I!

I have a few spares. let me piece the OBS ones together and see what I got. maybe I have the other sides lol

What I meant was I think I need a good brick nose battery tray but I'm not sure which one.

Sorry for the hijack too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online