How to stop water from leaking back

Rockabetty

Reaction score
Ok so my hubby is down & out for about the next month so I'm doing a lot for him...Have been trying to find a lift&turn up the pump but haven't gotten much help there yet so hopefully I can handle this.Ok here's what's going on.
Cummins ForumLeak found now how to fix?
Forum Home
2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums
94-98 Non-Powertrain

Rockabetty

May 29 - #1
Leak found now how to fix?

Pass floor matt was wet.Went to car wash flushed out the core &It was filthy brown & nasty.I have good heat now.I blew out the AC drain pipe with compressed air & it started coming out more than b4 drove truck 2 days no cooliant on floor Finally found the leak the round plastic part of core that leads to /houses drain tube is leaking.He rear ended someone who was trying to pull a a scam.Bumper got bent&the radiator got a hole so maybe the accident knocked it loose idk.But how do I fix this?It thought maybe adding a hose or elbow but would that really help? Maybe some water proof sealer around it?Any ideas?Let me know thanks.

Rockabetty

Reaction score
It'seems the round part on the plastic box closest to the middle of dash.In 1 pic u can see the water dripping from the underlying of the plastic/foam.I can feel behind it the round part that is&feel a small gap between it&firewall.Was thinking a caulk maybe?
You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure.
Is the ac drain clear?
Seems to be common with the dodges. A search on the Internet said that evaporator drain tube falls off. And where it runs through the firewall, the foam dissentagrates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rockabetty

Reaction score
Yes it is.That part I belive is where the drain is located.I'm wondering if there's a seal goes around there&it's coming back in as it's being driven.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
What I read said the drain should have foam around it. People said to seal it with silicone or the like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk