How Hard of a Brake Pedal for Hydroboost

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I finally got my hydroboost brakes installed. I have ~1" pedal travel hard as a rock. I haven't even bled the wheel cylinders yet.

How much travel and how hard should it be?

Some useful info to come later.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Did You have to move (up/down) the pin on the pedal that push the HB rod? The rod must be level or be able to push straight IN not in an angle.
If that isn't the problem, have You made sure the HB gets ps fluid yet? If it is then make sure the return isn't blocked.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I moved the pin up on the brake pedal ~ 3/4". It is level now.

So You drilled a new hole for the pin on the pedal arm then, if it is still hard I would make sure it is getting ps fluid and returning it to the reservoir.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Took it for a test. It will slide the front wheels. Not sure about the rear. They need adjusting still. No softness to the pedal at all. I don't even know if the pedal is movong an entire 1".

Brakes are strong though!

sootman73

Reaction score
i'll trade ya!;Sweet;SweetLOL

i wish my truck had brakes like that! mine go too far down and are too soft. i like a hard brake pedal.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I'll start a new thread with parts list. We have plenty of tech articles to tell you how to do it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. Mine works the same as yours does. I was really surprised at how high the peddle is when it comes in to the braking action. Remember you now have just a little more than twice the brakeing pressure available at your foot. Did you install the 1 5/16 inch master cylinder? I did and wow is all I can say. Its so much better than vacuum assist braking. I no longer have the peddle near the floor before its stopping the truck even with the rear brakes adusted up all the way.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Yes, I installed the big MC. I didn't like the idea of widening the holes on the F350 MC.

It will stop on a dime now!;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online