how do you get a crewcab dually from CA to NY

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I dont know if this is gonna work or not as my site is password protected, but here is a page full of running & non-running vehicles in CA coming to NY, some are trucks. This all goes thru a broker of some sort but the prices you see are what is paid to the trucking co. It is s low dollar stuff in some cases but add a few hundred to your offer & you should be able to find someone to take it. I would offer but I don't do coast to coast. All the people I know that did are either out of business or staying closer to home.

MMeier

Reaction score
I dont know if this is gonna work or not as my site is password protected, but here is a page full of running & non-running vehicles in CA coming to NY, some are trucks. This all goes thru a broker of some sort but the prices you see are what is paid to the trucking co. It is s low dollar stuff in some cases but add a few hundred to your offer & you should be able to find someone to take it. I would offer but I don't do coast to coast. All the people I know that did are either out of business or staying closer to home.

Can you still "try them out" for free for 30 days? Dropped my account there last month, otherwise I would post up for ya'.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Can you still "try them out" for free for 30 days? Dropped my account there last month, otherwise I would post up for ya'.

Yes you can, but if you just dropped your account last month, they will re-instate you under your old name. I dropped my membership 4 years ago & just got back in with them under the same name & password from 4 years ago. All they checked was my updated references. Sorry for the highjack.

I guess I could post it for you on there to see if there are any takers. Never used that site to post a vehicle for transport, only to find stuff to haul. PM me if you want me to do that for you. I would need very specific details on locations (to & from) length height, etc. Lemme know. Sorry I didn't offer sooner but it never occured to me to do that:dunno

gte718p

Reaction score
uship is another option. Some people really have had good luck with it, some people have had problems. Its all about doing your homework.

bushpig7

Reaction score
Oh I've been doing my homework... and doing it... and doing it ... and doing it some more. I've had it listed on Uship for longer than this thread has been running with no takers...only two people asked questions. Frankly, I don't like the fact that you can't contact the truckers on the site. the only way you can talk to them is when they talk to you and you aren't allowed even to hint at who you are or you get flagged. I'm starting to get discouraged. didn't know it would be so hard to make a purchase across the border. the guy I'm buying it from can't even cash the money order I sent to him because it is from Canada (it's in US fund though).

Last edited:

MMeier

Reaction score
Oh I've been doing my homework... and doing it... and doing it ... and doing it some more. I've had it listed on Uship for longer than this thread has been running with no takers...only two people asked questions. Frankly, I don't like the fact that you can't contact the truckers on the site. the only way you can talk to them is when they talk to you and you aren't allowed even to hint at who you are or you get flagged. I'm starting to get discouraged. didn't know it would be so hard to make a purchase across the border. the guy I'm buying it from can't even cash the money order I sent to him because it is from Canada (it's in US fund though).

See my post (#5) above. UShip, even though they say they are not, are brokers, and illegal ones at that. Also, when you get someone from there , ask them for their DOT#, MC # and be asked to be placed as a "certificate holder" on their insurance. I'd say you have maybe a 1 out of 250 chance of finding a legit hauler there. If you want to risk having "your" truck confiscated when such person get popped by DOT, go ahead.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didn't know it would be so hard to make a purchase across the border. the guy I'm buying it from can't even cash the money order I sent to him because it is from Canada (it's in US fund though).

Dave: How would you know that he hasn't already cashed it? Is there any feed back to show wether he has or not, or is he just saying that? Could it be that the rate of exchange changes every day?

Looking at the truck picture, it don't look like there is a wheel on the driver's side.

Any luck with towcat fixing the tranny? Maybe he can make sure the truck is still there.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn.....
this thing is long....
that turbo is going to have it's work cut out for it.

Attachments

• SDC10277.JPG
    SDC10277.JPG
    605.2 KB · Views: 49
  • SDC10285.JPG
    SDC10285.JPG
    601.1 KB · Views: 63
  • SDC10278.JPG
    SDC10278.JPG
    601.9 KB · Views: 43

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Sorry to rain on your parade, but it takes up more than half a trailer, so it's gonna cost full load rate. You won't get auto transporters to touch it, because it's too long for a rack, and too heavy for a wedge.

You're gonna hafta fix it anyway, you'll save money in the long run to fix it out there, and drive it home.

bushpig7

Reaction score
Thanks Darrin for the confidence booster. I think it will be cool but I hope also that it will be useful. Camarogenius, at this time of the year we don't have parades we have carnivals and I'm so sick of snow that a little rain would be welcome. at least I wouldn't have to shovel it. I know its loooooong thats why I'm looking for suggestions. I think you are right, it will be best to drive it or...from what I've seen at least.. get it fixed since as soon as haulers hear that its a nonrunner they instantly jack the price substantialy or flat refuse.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That thing is COOL! A diamond in the rough,.

Hope it works out.

That thing is sweet!
It's a monster!:thumbsup:
Looks like she may need a few cab bushings once ya get it home.

At that length, tis prolly gonna be best in the long run to get it fixed and drive it home.:dunno

bushpig7

Reaction score
well after a lot of discussion with the members on this forum and a LOT of help from Towcat, the truck is almost ready to go. I have had quite a bit of good advice from many oilburner members and I have taken the advice of getting it fixed in California and having someone drive it home. Towcat..... Thanks for all your help. You bailed me out of what could have been a nightmare. my brother can get the time off work to fly down and pick it up on the 15th and then drive it to the border. So it's on the home stretch.
Thank you guys for all your help. I don't know whether I could have done it without you.