How do side mirrors come apart?

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the side view mirrors appart so I can clean them up and paint the housings before they go back on the freshly painted truck. They are the 94 XLT power side mirrors with the chrome back. Anyone know how the glass mirror part comes out? Does it snap in or something?

Thanks,

-Rob

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Classicfordguy said:
I'm trying to get the side view mirrors appart so I can clean them up and paint the housings before they go back on the freshly painted truck. They are the 94 XLT power side mirrors with the chrome back. Anyone know how the glass mirror part comes out? Does it snap in or something?

Thanks,

-Rob

Rob,
The mirror glass itself is usually glued/siliconed in. Far as I know you maybe able to pull the little black edging off around the glass and then carefully pry it out, if you break it you can always buy replacement glass at an autoparts store or have a glass shop cut you a piece.
One other option is to just buy a new mirror head these are available at almost any auto parts store/truck accessory place and they are relatively inexpensive.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mirrors are in great shape, I don't want to break or replace em. I guess I'm trying to get the whole moving mirror assembly out of the housing, I don't think I want to remove just the glass unless that is what is required to get to the screws that hold the rest of the guts in?

Thanks,

-Rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle