Houston - HAPS 2nd Anniversary Event Jan. 10th

racingwebster

Reaction score
Houston Area Power Strokes.com members & guest

January 10th

HAPS 2nd Anniversary at The Shop ( www.offroadshop.com ) in League City. The Shop is a 7000 sq. ft. facility that specializes in 4 Wheel Drive toys and have their own 4 Wheel Drive Test Track that may be available to us. There have been some problems with un-authorized people using the track after hours recently, so some of the track may be off limits to us. Well know more the day of the event. The test track is a 10-acre park next to the shop.

If you plan on having your truck worked on, call Ken ( 281-332-7911 ) and schedule it. The Shops technicians are A.S.E. Certified, highly trained, and experienced in the automotive field.

The Shops technicians are A.S.E. Certified, highly trained, and experienced in the automotive field.

There will be a raffle. HAPS has a number of PSD items to raffle. We have another PSD clock, jacket, a number of shirts, a transmission flush, and an installed shift kit plus a number of other gifts.

Yes, there will be food on the grill. The food is being donated by Wes Chain ( www.innovativeinterceptors.com )DO bring your own drinks. If weather becomes an issue, there will be plenty of indoor room for us to move into.

When:
Saturday, January 10th
11 AM - 2 PM

Where:
The Shop
430 Perkins
League City, TX 77573
281-332-7911

Directions:
From Downtown Houston, take I-45 (Gulf Freeway) South to the FM-518 Exit (Exit No. 23). Turn Left (East) on to FM-518 (Main Street). Go about 1.5 miles, after you cross the Hwy. 3 intersection and BEFORE the Rail Road tracks, turn Left (North) on to Perkins Street. The Shop is located about a 1/4 mile on the right.

February
Hoping for an Event with Ford.

March 13th
I'm working with a local Diesel performance shop for an event or another day at Shooters Station (an indoor shooting range in Conroe)

April
Drag Race / BBQ

April 30th - May 2nd
5th Annual Power Stroke Rally at Lake Texoma. This rally is put on by NTxPSA ( www.northtexaspowerstrokes.com ). It will have vendors, a show & shine and an unbelievable amount of crawfish and BBQ. Visit NTxPSA web page for the latest information on reservations, directions, etc.

May 8th
The Month of May (MOM) will be dedicated to the MOMS of HAPS.
Last year being at Kemah was such a success we plan on going back. With all the restaurants, shops, boat ride, train ride, etc., there is plenty to keep a family busy.

June 12th
HAPS camping and BBQ at Mark Weber’s Parents private lake and campgrounds in Needville. There is plenty of space for a number of trailers. The 1-acre private lake has been died in color to look like a pool. With a sand bottom, a beach area and docks, the lake can be used for swimming or fishing or both. This can be either a 1 day, 2 day or a 3 day event for everyone.
There is also an Air Conditioned Pond House / Kitchen if you need get out of the heat. The property also has lots of trees. There are a number of pictures posted on the HAPS web page ( www.houstonareapowerstrokes.com ) in the Gallery Section. Look for last years June 28th Family BBQ event.

July 10th
Lake Somerville Camping/BBQ. Like last year HAPS will rent the pavilion for the day. When this event gets closer, I'll post reservation and space info. HAPS will also invite the CTFD's from Austin and the NTxPSA from Dallas / Fort Worth.

August 4th - 8th
This summer is the 10th anniversary of the Power Stroke Diesel and International is planning a special event. Like the past few years, International has sponsored the Power Stroke Diesel 200 Nascar Craftman Truck Race in Indianapolis. This will be three days of Diesel Runs, tailgating, Craftman Truck Race, Show & Shine, Kentucky Truck Engine Plant tour, Dyno runs and PSD owners meeting other PSD owners from all over the nation. Much of the weekend is free, with BBQ's and race tickets included. Meet Terry Cook, the driver of the Power Stroke sponsored race truck. The also will be a raffle and the grand prize will be a 2005 PSD Super Duty.
There are campsites on the race track property that will be for rent just for the PSD owners. FOKISD club is involved with setting up the entire weekend and will have vendors present on Saturday.

HAPS plans on convoying to Indy for this event.

August 14th
BBQ at the new home of Jeremy Srinivasan. Ana and Jeremy have invited HAPS for an afternoon BBQ and Family day.

September 11th
Truck Show & Shine at PickUps Plus in Katy. We had 60 & 70 trucks show up each of the two years HAPS has put on a show & shine and it rained both years. This year there will be trophies , classes and food . This will be an evening event.

Also, September there are a number of car / truck shows around Houston that a number of the HAPS trucks will enter.

October
TBD

November
TBD

December 11th
HAPS Christmas party.

Last edited:

CHarlan

Reaction score
Hey Brad... Thanks for the invite, and I am sorry we didnt get to make this one in January.. I just talked to Tom (Truckstom) and him and I plan on attending some of y'alls future events, so count us in.. I am sure some other people on here would be game for attending as well, so let us know! How about a meet sometime in the summer at Lake Travis, with the Central Texas PSD's??? They look like they have a good time, and maybe make it a 3 day event for all the 3 brands! Just an idea.. Anyways, thanks for the invite, and maybe we can have a HAPS/Oilburners get together sometime!

racingwebster

Reaction score
The day was a blast. About 50 trucks and around 100 people attended. The weather made it even a better time. After the raffle of the 5-6 PSD shirts and HAPS jacket, 10-12 trucks went and played in the mud while 15-20 of 2 WD guys sat back and watch.
Thanks to all that came out. The pictures are post on Houston Area Power Strokes.com webpage in the Gallery section.

Chris (CHarlen)
Sorry you missed it. You and everyone else are always welcome to any HAPS event. HAPS is all about the people and families. What we drive just makes it better.
HAPS has a lake event set up for July at Lake Somerville, near Brenham. Last year HAPS rented the pavilion and invited the Austin guys, then BBQ's, some swam and went for boat rides. It's as close to 1/2 way between Austin and Houston as we could get.
Keep an eye on the HAPS webpage and I will keep posting on this webpage also. HAPS has a lot planned throughout 2004. I think our next open date is in October. I hope to see you soon.

CHarlan

Reaction score
Awesome!! sounds like a deal! Looking forward to seeing y'all!! Its been a long time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7