Hi

82fordtruck

Reaction score
That's a real neat truck.

I sold an IDI not too long ago and bought a duramax. This thing is faster fully loaded at over 20k GCWV than my IDI was empty.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of great fabrication work going on there. I like the idea of using half a spring pack as a trac arm, and then the air bags for support. That's some pretty original thinking there! ;Sweet That drive axle is also pretty rigid. I don't see that thing going anywhere.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
That's a real neat truck.

I sold an IDI not too long ago and bought a duramax. This thing is faster fully loaded at over 20k GCWV than my IDI was empty.

I'm glad you said it Mike. SLE is right also. I've had turbo and non-turbo IDI's. Had friends over the years with 12v and 24V Cummins, and 1st gen PS's. Not bragging, just impressed. The only thing that SEEMED as powerful or fast as my LBZ 360 hp and 650ft/lb was a friends '94 Dodge dually with a very modified 12V. Just tooling around town, the only ones to be concerned with are the more powerfull muscle cars.;Sweet

Tom

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I'm glad you said it Mike. SLE is right also. I've had turbo and non-turbo IDI's. Had friends over the years with 12v and 24V Cummins, and 1st gen PS's. Not bragging, just impressed. The only thing that SEEMED as powerful or fast as my LBZ 360 hp and 650ft/lb was a friends '94 Dodge dually with a very modified 12V. Just tooling around town, the only ones to be concerned with are the more powerfull muscle cars.;Sweet

Tom

I believe that, although the newer fords are pretty fast. The chevy makes power very low in the Rpm band and feels faster than I think it is. Peak torque is at 1600 RPM.

I don't believe that the most higly modified IDI on oilburners could even touch our trucks (even mine which is 310 HP and 610 ft-lbs) stock. That said, they won't be looking at 3 grand to replace a set of injectors. Both engines are very good at their intended purpose.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so now that webshots switched owners or whatever, how are we to see this awesome build??!

try clicking the link in his sig,,,,sad day trying to view all of this

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another sleeper cab truck I got one I just bought with a rollback on it
Welcome to the site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828