Hi from Indiana

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
If you're quick you can change it without losing too much coolant. Just make sure the engine is cold and the new one is ready to go in...

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're about an hour east of my hometown of Milford. Sometime when things work out I'll try and make a trip over to meet up with ya. Not aware of too many members up here in the northern region.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Nice looking van you picked up.

We are having an event in your area in Jan over the weekend of the 18-20th in Fremont at the Ramada Inn just off I69 on the East side of the exit. You should at least stop by for a visit and meet some really decent people from the board. Then we are having the Main event down just east of Indy in Greenfield over the week of July 4th. Both of these can be seen here at the top of the IDI section in Sticky Threads.

By the sounds of it your glow plug system is working correctly. You might have the timing checked. Best shop I found when I lived in Fort Wayne was http://www.craigvillediesel.com/ south of the Fort in Craigsville they are good people and will treat you well. The owner used to own an IDI back when I was using them and has many years of experience of working on them.

I will warn you to stray away from Dave's Diesel in Angola... he's a bit of a scam artist and I know this from personal experience...

7river

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Good luck with the start issue, will be curious to see what you find.
Nice van, we seem more of a rare bunch on this forum but these guys are super helpful!

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Nice looking van you picked up.

We are having an event in your area in Jan over the weekend of the 18-20th in Fremont at the Ramada Inn just off I69 on the East side of the exit. You should at least stop by for a visit and meet some really decent people from the board. Then we are having the Main event down just east of Indy in Greenfield over the week of July 4th. Both of these can be seen here at the top of the IDI section in Sticky Threads.

By the sounds of it your glow plug system is working correctly. You might have the timing checked. Best shop I found when I lived in Fort Wayne was http://www.craigvillediesel.com/ south of the Fort in Craigsville they are good people and will treat you well. The owner used to own an IDI back when I was using them and has many years of experience of working on them.

I will warn you to stray away from Dave's Diesel in Angola... he's a bit of a scam artist and I know this from personal experience...

Thanks for letting me know about the shop in Ft Wayne. I usually try to do all the work myself, but I always like to have a resource just in case. Thanks for the warning about Daves Diesel. I used to live in Angola and have passed by thier shop many times. I was calling around a few wekks ago to get prices on a new IP/Injector set up. They were MUCH more expensive than most other places I called.

I will try and make it to the Ramada in Fremont, what are the dates? The Indy one would probably be a no go though.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Welcome to OB! I have been here for quite a few years now am I am a fellow hoosier.... I am about 45 minutes NW from you in Mongo. I did a Solid State glow plug upgrade on my '86 a number of years back. Fairly simple to do and it doesnt take that long. The kits aren't cheap from an International dealer but, it sure helped mine out. I think my write up is still in the tech articles. I don't too many here ever paid much attention to it but, like I said it worked for me.... The '86 has been retired and my '93 idi is gonna be for sale here just shortly and then I will be IDI less again. I have moved on to the PSD era now.... I still love that '93 truck but, I have too many and I need to thin the herd a little....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online