WMO Burner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well here's my setup. Its still in construction. I am planning on installing another pump and 2 more filter heads. As of now this is what I have:

Clear water pump - 1/2 hp
1in pvc piping
2 filter heads, 1 has 10m filter and the other has a 5m filter
Bucket heater from Tractor supply
Settling barrel (little barrel in the pic)
Mixing barrel (big barrel)

The plan is to instal 4 filters all together. A 20, 10, 5, and a 1 micron filter.

My mix consits of about 60% hydro fluid right now and 40% #2 diesel. I like running k1 but pump diesel is cheaper right now. As for the hydro fluid, I ended up with about 300 gallon for free, but once its gone I will be going back to my WMO. ;p

I heat the little barrel up to 150-160 degrees for about an 1/2 hour, then let it sit for about a day. I have a magnet in the bottom to caught any metal particals in the oil. Next I reheat it to about 100 degrees and use a small pump to transfer it into the bigger barrel. I then add #2 or k1 and turn the heater on. I get it to about 100 degrees again and start the pump. It pushes through the filter heads great! I have a "T" in the piping with 2 ball valves that I can shut the line off to the mixing tank and redirect it to another line that I can put right into my truck tank.

If anyone has questions , or comment please dont be afraid to speak up. I have done alot of trial and error, and I just keep trying to better my system!

Thanks Chris

discbrks

Reaction score
Looks good! Will that clear water pump, pump the oil alright if you do not heat it or mix #2 with it?

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
Its a little sluggish, so before I turn the pump on I always mix with #2. You dont have to heat it but I do just to help it flow better, and to remove any and all water from the mixture.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ya man looks really good instead of buying 2 more filters just run the 2 that you have
10mic and the 1 because of the hydro fluid thats pretty clean any way right
you ll be replacing the 10 more than the 1 id think i do anyway
but looks good

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
I would suggest using an actual fuel filter with a water seperator for your final filter. They are available from many sources. Permacool has an inexpensive filter with mount or any of the major filter manufacturers Balwin, Fram Etc. Using an actual fuel filter gives you a more precise filtering than the whole house water filters do. They are very general in their micron ratings.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
I would suggest using an actual fuel filter with a water seperator for your final filter. They are available from many sources. Permacool has an inexpensive filter with mount or any of the major filter manufacturers Balwin, Fram Etc. Using an actual fuel filter gives you a more precise filtering than the whole house water filters do. They are very general in their micron ratings.

id agree;Sweet

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how hot does that TSC barrel heater get the fluid? or is the 150-160 how hot it gets???

I plan on pickin one up this friday for my WVO setup and was curiuos..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online