Help with abs/brakes on e350

Kimquattro

Reaction score
I have a 1994 e350 7.3idi.
my problem is when i start to drive and hit the brakes it feels like the whole car is locking and drag to the right. After a while when abs lamp is coming the car brakes fine but with some vibration in the pedal but then goes in a straight line when braking. Tried to change the speed sensor in the rear diff but then my speedo went nuts and jumped like a rabitt and was all over the place. And still got the fu… abs lamp in the dash. Someone have any ideas?

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the adjustment of the rear brakes. If one side has been self adjusting and the other hasn’t you can get weird behavior like that. The other thing that can happen is if your parking brake doesn’t release fully, the adjusters can over tighten the brakes on that side. And yet another thing to check for is a leaking axle seal. If your left shoes are saturated in gear oil, it can make it pull to the right.

Kimquattro

Reaction score
Check the adjustment of the rear brakes. If one side has been self adjusting and the other hasn’t you can get weird behavior like that. The other thing that can happen is if your parking brake doesn’t release fully, the adjusters can over tighten the brakes on that side. And yet another thing to check for is a leaking axle seal. If your left shoes are saturated in gear oil, it can make it pull to the right.
Thanks. Will take a look at that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7