help truck wont stop

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It took me a few hours to get mine bench bled completely. (Actually all night, but I was watching tv, eating, using bathroom, and taking breaks. Lots of breaks.)

Which bleeding method did you use??
I was reading somewhere that when you bled these brakes, you NEVER pump them. Just push down, bled, release and repeat.

I don't remember what the reasoning was though.

Anyone?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried bleeding the master on the truck at the lines?

Have someone pump the brakes 2 or 3 times, hold the pedal down.loosen the lines on the master.wiggle the line if needed.tighten it back up.do the same with the second line.now go around and bleed each wheel again

This usually works on systems that wanna fight

m885

Reaction score
I had that on the 93. I ended up submerging it to get it right. That was after running about 3 gallons of fluid through the system.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could also try gravity bleeding it.leave the cap off the master, open one bleeder at a time, just let the fluid run for a couple minutes.close it, move to the next wheel.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like i have plenty of fluid out of the bleeders there is just no pedal. I dont see any leaks anywhere. I am starting to think that my new master is junk. It wouldnt be the first time i have gotten bad parts from OReally's When i push the pedal is half ass gets stiff for a second then goes to the floor. I have also been doing most of the bleeding with the engine off. Should i have it running to see if having vaccum helps

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i figured. Wander if i can get Oreally's to pay for the fluid and the lost time there junk MC cost me

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I'd agree with U on this sounds like questionable MC to me...bypassing fluid internally ...

IMHO, best to get FORD parts when u can....

I hate that we get such cheapanese parts these days with so may returns...it's ridiculous....absolutely ridiculous.

JM2CW

Al

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might just rebuild my original. The replacement I got was new not a reman so i didnt have a core.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726