HELP PLEASE... INJEECTION PUMP QUESTION

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently put a reseal kit in my Injection pump and it ran great for a couple weeks and then it started missing at a low RPM and was really rough at an idle ... it got harder and harder to start until it wouldnt start anymore ... I spent almost all of yesterday doing diagnostic tests on it and was banging my head against the wall ...
Here is what I came up with ...
1. I have lots of air in my fuel at the injectors ...

2. I have good fuel supply at the injection pump with no air at this point ...

3. I have extreme amounts of air from my fuel return line from the injection pump ...more air than fuel ...

4. I took the injector lines loose from the injectors and cranked the engine over and no longer had air coming from the return line ...

5. I have isolated the problem to #5 and #6 cyls ...

6. I have compression coming out of the injector line port while cranking the engine over on both #5 and 6 injectors

I guess my question would be is having a little compression come out of the injector normal ... Is this the problem or is the line pressure hold valve in the injector pump the problem ... I rely on this truck to get to work and I have another pump in the garage that I can rob parts out of .. I have one new injector still in the box in my truck and can get another one if neccassary ... but I dont want to spend any money that I dont absolutely have to .. things are pretty tight right now ...
Any help would be geatly appreciated ...

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No compression air should come out of the injectors when you turn over your engine with the lines loose. sounds like you have a couple of injectors stuck open. How full is the tank? do you have a electric lift pump? And what is a injection pump reseal kit? Never seen one. OH what engine you workin on. oops this is a old thread......LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online