Help me find the oil pressure switch....

Jamie

Reaction score
Let me start by saying thank you. Thanks for all the help up to this point. This forum and the wealth of knowledge and experience are an invaluable resource.

Could somebody kindly outline where I can find the oil pressure sender/switch? I need to replace this until I can retrofit a proper mechanical guage.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

P.S. The truck is non-turbo.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're not going to like this answer.
it's at the back of the motor in the valley between the head and the SAE adapter plate. yup. the firewall is going to be your friend today.....not-cuss
I can post a visual later on tonite when I get to a stop.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Thats where it is kinda off to the drivers side of center. Its really tuff to get to and the block port it 1/8th inch pipe threads. On the turbo blocks its 1/4 inch. Its really a job laying on top of the motor and feeling for it. I dought you will be able to look down at it but maybe you can se it from on top of the cab thru the hood opening....

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
The sending unit screws into an adapter/extender that lifts it up so you can actually reach it. Don't unscrew the adapter as it is down deep in a hole and could allow junk to fall into it if it's removed.