Help Help Please!!!!!

paintedreams

Reaction score
Well every thing was good till this afternoon I was pulling a hill emty and noticed a vibration like a u-joint was going bad and when I got to the top it went away then I noticed that the overdrive light was blinking it has done this before but the transmission did not act the same as before. When I arrived home and went to back up it vibrated a little then I noticed a smell of transmission fluid and when I got out of the truck I looked under the truck and fluid was dripping from the bell housing area. Please help me. Thanks, Dewey

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Are you stuck away from home?
Usualy when the E4OD does that it is bad. The first thing you should do is drain the transmission and torque conveter and refil with fresh fluid. If sounds like your trans overheated. That is bad by all means. Unfortunatly if a full pan of fresh fluid does not fix it you are most likely looking at a new trans. Sorry to rain on your day but that sounds like it to me.
Good Luck
Ken

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, had the same problem on a past ford i owned.....save your pennies. the vibration is shudder from the overdrive gear/clutch set. it usually only takes one time for it to kill a trans.