Help ASAP! What is this part?????

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alayna and I were loaded up and ready to go to a clinic in south Alabama. I get to the end of our road and hear a popping noise from under the truck. Told BJ what I saw and now the truck is ONCE AGAIN parked in the driveway waiting for him to get home. -cuss I'm getting REALLY tired of being stranded. Anyhow, he can't be sure of what I am describing, so I am posting a picture of this part to see what it is he needs to pick up to fix it. Can anyone ID it for me?? Thanks!

You must be registered for see images

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As posted above. It supports the driveshaft. Its really a hard job for anyone. I just take the driveshaft to the drive line speciality shop near me and have them replace it along with an alignment- balance shot.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the parts place called it a " center support bearing"? I hope thats another name for it and we aren't getting the wrong thing??

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Along the same line.
Anyone everheard of shimming the carrier bearing to reduce the driveline angle for the 4x4's?
Reason being, I think I have a 3rd carrier bearing heading south.:mad:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, we have done it in the past with no problems, as I am sure you know, you gotta watch to don't go too far! :)